Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Favorite Things / Guest Designer

Happy Hippos

Hello!  I'm back with more inspiration as a Guest Designer for My Favorite Things on the MFT blog this month!  I can't stop using this past release!  I loved EVERY SINGLE THING.  

It's no secret that the Happy Hippos have been a hit this month.  I couldn't let it go by without sharing my celebration shaker I've made using the hippos!


mft blog


I started by creating my shaker using the Stitched Square Frames using Lush Lagoon cardstock.  To make this easy, I cut a smaller square from white cardstock and sponged a cloud background using the Mini Cloud Stencil released this past month.  This serves as my shaker "backer" when I'm ready to fill and finish my shaker.  I filled the shaker with mini clear star confetti from Pretty Pink Posh and added the backer.  By making my shaker this way, I can set it aside and finish the layout of my card and then adhere!  My Happy Hippo, balloons and party hat were all Copic colored and white pigment ink accents were added.  I stamped part of my sentiment below where my shaker will sit and the other was done on a banner die.  After adhering the Fringe Scallop Borders done in Bubblegum, Lush Lagoon, and Spearmint, my shaker element was added to finish.

Happy Hippos2

********************************************

Warning!  My second card you will need sunglasses for!  I wanted to go bold and rainbow using the All About You stamps and the You Trio Die-namics.  I started with the textured side of Tim Holtz Watercolor paper.  With my Distress Ink Cubes (Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Broken China, and Wilted Violet), I simply swiped them across my panel horizontal, overlapping just a bit so there was nearly no white space.  

You

With this rainbow panel, I used the You Trio Die-namics to die cut 3 "YOU" out of the paper.  This panel was adhered to a layer of black cardstock.  The YOU was die cut many times with black cardstock, and these were inlaid back into the openings with the middle YOU having one more layer for dimension.  A simple stamped black on white sentiment was added with foam adhesive over the middle "YOU".  

You2

Thanks so much for sharing a part of your day with me!




2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Love these cards, Amy!!!

Serendipidade de Papel said...

The hippo card is so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails