Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Viva la Verve March Week 3

 
Thanks for all the comments about my kids' forts.........they've evolved even more as Spring Break has gone on.  My daughter has taken to sleeping in there every single night so far!  I can't get across to her that she needs to sleep on a blanket not just on the carpet!  Ughh....I can't even imagine!  Do any of you remember sleeping on the floor and thinking nothing of it?  I do.  Now, I wouldn't think of doing that!  LOL  Ahhh, getting older..........
 
 
Anyway, I wanted to share a card I made for the current Viva la Verve Sketch..........If you have Verve stamps, you need to be getting them inky!  But wait!  You don't even have to use Verve stamps people!  Check out all the detail in full HERE on the master Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge thread over on SCS.  Don't forget to check out how you can win some Verve too!  The prize is good......really good!  Who doesn't like to win some new goodies?
 
I've used Sunny Days along with the Leafy Sprigs Die Set.  I stayed true to the sketch except for the circular shape on the right......I have to tweak just a little!  :)
My banner was die cut using the new dies:  Flag It Die Set.  These are the best dies to give that extra little something to your card or layout.
 
Wishing you sunny days


Did I mention that yesterday we got SNOW?  I don't mean little flakes.......HUGE flakes!!!!  It was a beautiful snow and then it was sunny, blue skies and all melted by the afternoon!!  Crazy weather!  I'm soo longing for sunny days.........
 

 Thanks for sharing your day with me!!!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!
 
 
{WISHING YOU sunny days}
Stamps:  Sunny Days (Verve)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Pattern Paper:  Dear Lizzy Neapolitan (AC)
Ink:  True Black (PTI), Aloe Vera (VersaMagic)
Dies:  Leafy Sprigs (Verve), Flag It (Verve), Fabulous Frames (PTI)
Misc:  Janome Sew Mini, Aqua Mist Buttons (PTI), Crochet Thread, Foam Adhesive

8 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card Amy! Love the papers you chose. It's such a fresh, crisp, clean card. So you!

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch, Amy!! Way to flash some Verve :) Darling papers too. Yes, kids can sleep anywhere. Yes, I can't do it anymore LOL!

Taheerah said...

Oh, so pretty Amy! Love the colours you chose, and the negative die cutting really gives a lot of added interest for such a subtle detail!

Kim S said...

I'm old enough that I remember laying on shag carpets. I also remember laying for hours on my stomach, but up on my elbows reading a book. I tried that the other day and my shoulders and back hurt in about 5 minutes. It's just so sad.

This is a truly beautiful card. I'm having to take an online class to learn to mix patterned papers, but you may look effortless - it's lovely!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty Amy! I love the combination of papers that you used, and dies too! Very pretty colors!

Sarah Gough said...

Beautiful Amy!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Amy! I just love the softness of the color combo with the white accents.

Janelle Stollfus said...

You've made such a precious card. I love the sneaky peak reverse die cut behind the beautiful flowers.

And yeah, we are heading into spring break and the tent goes up in the basement. I'm sure there will be no sleeping involved. Snow? I can imagine. I thought I saw some drops mixed in with raindrops today.

You're rocking the Verve, Amy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails