Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Birthday (Verve style!)


Hello!  Today we head to do our taxes........we moved 8 years ago and still travel back to our hometown to do our taxes.  (1 1/2 hr away)  Call us crazy but it works as it gives us a chance to catch up with some of our friends we left behind. 

So, this week's Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge was hosted by Anya Schrier.  What a fun sketch!
As a rule, I generally don't do "tilted" on my cards but I instantly had an idea to change up this sketch!  I recently purchased Echo Park's "All About A Boy" paper pad and decided to stray away from making a floral card...........see what you think.

HappyBirthday (3.23)

I've used Treasured Words for my Happy Birthday sentiment and the lightly stamped stars in the background are from Borderline.  See all those sizses of die cut stars?  They are the new die: Starry Die.  I've layered the stars on the Rounded Scallop Frame cut twice to give it a two tone look!  And looky........I've used BRADS!  I think we'll see a revival of these and eyelets......I've got tons of them so let's hope so!!

 

 Thanks for sharing part of your day with me!!! 


{Happy Birthday}
Stamps:  Treasured Words, Borderline (Verve)
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Pattern Paper:  All About a Boy (Echo Park)
Ink:  True Black (PTI), Charcoal Palette
Dies:  Rounded Scallop Frame, Starry Die (Verve)
Misc:  Brads, Crystal Stickles, Foam Adhesive

7 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Tilted? You had an idea immediately? WOW!! I'm so proud of you! I know how we've joked about tilted cards being outside the "box"! This is so cute and I love that you went with a masculine-like card too! You'll be glad you have this in your stash I'm sure! Very fun card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Simply fabulous Amy!

Sara Mac said...

Awesome card Amy! I love that fun patterned paper and the star dies. Any idea how they compare in size and proportion to PTI's star dies?

Marybeth said...

Love the stars on this fun birthday card!

Taheerah said...

Ooh, this is really fun Amy! Love that patterned paper but the stars really steal the show!!

Renee said...

Love it!!
Love everything about it...
those papers are fabulous and dying over those stars!!
And YAY!
I hope brads make a comeback...
or else I have enough to last to the next century! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous, Amy! I love all those layered stars!

Related Posts with Thumbnails