Friday, March 22, 2013

Monday Mood Board 6 and a sketch!


Just a quick post to share my take on the inspiration photo Dawn from Wplus9 provided for this week's Monday Mood Board.  Easter........I don't really send Easter cards........so I went with a birthday theme and carried the colors from the inspiration photo to my florals. 

This card has been a work in progress since Wednesday morning!  I stamped my floral panel (masking technique) but then was stuck!  I finally narrowed everything down after talking with my friend Jen yesterday!  She has a take on this photo as well and I can't wait to see her version!  The sketch over at Seize the Birthday card challenge blog helped me pull this all together....this week it's a feminine birthday card!

**Do you see the tiny trio of flowers?  I thought there was too much white space between the florals that I searched my Wplus9 set and found this itty bitty to fill in the space....Love how it turned out!**

birthday wishes

Jen, the scallops are for you and I used the heart border to make them......but I couldn't fit the chick in!  :)



Monday Mood Board 6
Thanks for sharing a tiny part of your day with me here!

{birthday wishes}
Stamps:  Embroidered Bouquet, Folk Art Florals, Very Vintage Florals (Wplus9)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Pattern Paper:  Summer Sunrise Pattern Paper (PTI)
Ink:  True Black (PTI), Charcoal (Palette), Bubblegum, Blackberry, Sky, Papaya, Grass, Blush, Ocean, Lichen (Amuse)
Dies:  Heart Border (PTI)
Misc:  Pearls, Foam Adhesive


25 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Pretty :)

DoBea A. said...

This is so pretty Amy!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous Amy!

Taheerah said...

This turned out so pretty Amy! Love the clusters of flowers - everything on your panel is so perfectly placed and stamped!

Donna Hanley said...

Super cute card and I love the gingham paper with the flowers. Great contrast.

Jen Shults said...

This is so so sweet! I love the pastel spring colors and the wonderful layout!

Jen Carter said...

This turned out gorgeous Amy! We did talk about so many of these elements, lol! The flower groupings and colors are beautiful and I love the yellow gingham in the background! I love how the scallop turned out too, ;).

Marisa said...

A breath of spring :) Love the flower arrangement and colours, so wonderful against the gingham :)

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful Amy! I love the spring colors and all the flowers!

Kara said...

beautiful..love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Amy, I love your colours choices and perfect CAS design.

Renee said...

Oh I love it!
The gorgeous blooms and colors...
spring!! :)
And with the gingham background...
it's perfect! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Simply beautiful Amy!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so darling!! I pretty colors, the gingham paper and those lovely flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

Geri said...

Love the florals with the gingham, Amy! Lovely and fresh!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love how this turned out too! Fabulous colours and GREAT flowers~

Jill Norwood said...

Amy your card is a breath of spring! I love that little trio stamp! I think someone should make a set of just teeny tiny stamps! I would keep it on my desk all the time as I am always scouting my sets for the tiny ones when making backgrounds!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I too miss the cd cases! But I bit the bullet and ordered a case of DVD cases and now I just don't allow myself to ink up my stamps till I put them in a case. I usually watch episodes of "the good wife" while doing so! That really helps! LOL!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a Beautiful Card!! I LOVE all of the added details and your take on the challenge photo!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Christine Blain said...

Amy, this is just beautiful! Such gorgeous, happy colours.

Shelly said...

Awe...such a sweet card!! Love all the colors...perfect for a birthday card! :)

Lesley said...

The itty bitty flowers are perfect Amy! Such a sweet card and the colours make me smile. So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday!
Smiles,
Lesley

Linda said...

Such a pretty spring card. Love it.

Dawn said...

Seriously girl?! Just gorgeous!! Thanks for playing!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a lovely one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails