Friday, March 29, 2013

Retro Sketches #56

 
Today, I am heading to help my dad load up years and years of his and my mom's life.  The last 8 years have been HARD......no doubt.  Every time we go through boxes or I decide to bring something home that was hers, I get a little teary-eyed.  Not of sadness but of wonder how our lives would be different right now if she were still here.  My mom was an amazing woman......anyone that knew her would tell you this.  So today, I'm going to spend some time with my memories before they go to auction next week.  I know today will be HARD but my mom taught me well.  I will get through this just as I have the last 8 years.
 
Anyway, you did not come here for that.........and I really don't think I've blogged about something so personal but hey, it's what's on my mind today.  :)
 
My card today uses the current Retro Sketches sketch which I just knew I had to make time to play along with this one!  I love this sketch so much and it's already been filed away for later use.  I've used Bloom & Grow and Making a Statement both from Verve......Verve's stamps have some of the best inspirational sentiments......like the one today! 
 
Make a difference

 For my blooms, I used the fun Loopy Blooms die that coordinates with Making a Statement.
 
 
Thank you all so much for sharing part of your day with me! 
 
{You make a difference}
Stamps:  Making a Statement, Bloom & Grow (Verve)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Pattern Paper:  Bramble Rose (MME)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Dies:  Loopy Blooms (Verve), Cirlce (Spellbinders)
Misc:  Pearls, Grograin Ribbon (PTI), Smokey Shadow Button (PTI), White Crochet Thread

16 comments:

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Amy, this is just so beautiful !! You will be in my thoughts today, have a fabulous day with you father thinking of past times !!
Brianna

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous papers, Amy! Big hugs for you today.

Jocelyn Olson said...

*hugs* to you, Amy. I'll be thinking of you.

Beautiful design and papers. I love the die cut blooms!

Lindsay said...

Thinking about you today Amy. I pray those memories comfort you and your family.

This card is just too fun! I LOVE the colors and those fun flowers!

Glenda J said...

Big hugs to you. I can't imagine losing my mom so I understand how hard it must be. Take care.

Fabulous card! Love the flowers and the accents.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Amy!! Great papers and you rocked the loopy blooms :)

HUGEST of ((hugs)) to you for today. My heart is with you, my friend.

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy great use of the patterned paper, love this card.

Wida said...

dude how are you creating all this wonderfulness, always fresh ideas and designs. love the colors on each creation too!

Wida said...

dude how are you creating all this wonderfulness, always fresh ideas and designs. love the colors on each creation too!

Wida said...

dude how are you creating all this wonderfulness, always fresh ideas and designs. love the colors on each creation too!

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous colors on this!

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous too, Amy! Love the papers and the pretty flowers!

Taheerah said...

Love how elegant and pretty this is Amy, and great colours too!

Mandee said...

Thoughts and hugs for you today. TFS. You make such pretty cards.

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! I love the off set button the ribbon! And that paper I am swooning over!

Ravengirl said...

What a gorgeous card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails