Monday, September 15, 2014

You Stole my Heart with My Favorite Things!


Hi friends!  Here we are with the last day of inspiration before all of the new My Favorite Things will be available for purchase Tuesday evening!

NewReleaseCountdown_Day1

Today I am using an ADORABLE new set called Miss Tiina Cute Critters stamp set and matching Die-namics!  I know I've mentioned before that I'm not a colorer but these were just too cute to not try!

I started out by stamping the new Burlap Background stamp with gray ink onto Steel Grey cardstock for a tone on tone look and trimmed a wave to the edge.  I diecut lots of little hearts using the Mason Jar Die-namics in Electric Red cardstock and stitched them onto the wavy edge.  My little critter diecut and was colored in with various Copics (N1, N3, N5).

9.15.14


My sentiment was stamped first in a light grey, then white, and then a darker grey for a ghost stamping look onto a Sno Cone cardstock panel.  This was all mounted onto an Electric Red panel.  The last embellishing was adding in a few more diecut hearts topped with clear sequins!


9.15.14#2

That's all for today but make sure you visit the MFT Blog for a list of all the new products and links to more inspiration!  

20 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! How STINK'N SWEET!! I LOVE this!! Such a Neat Border of hearts and GREEAT Coloring too!! =) AAWESOME Job this week with the MFT GD Spot!! I've LOVED ALL of your projects!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Monique1971 said...

Love this cute card!

Debbie Nelson said...

Super cute...thank you for all the inspiration you have given me during this release!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love how you stitched through that border of hearts!

Lisa H. said...

Totally over-the-top cute. Love that wavy row of hearts the stitching is a great accent

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!

Ruth G said...

I love the stithed heart border and the sequins! The pairing of these stamps is perfect from the sentiment to the raccoon to the burlap! Thanks so much for sharing!

The Whitworth Family said...

You did it again ! Adorable card, my favorite part is the little hearts you used as a boarder.

Janelle said...

Love your idea for the swoop of stitched hearts. At first glance I thought your sentiment was embossed...neat idea to shadow it.

Anonymous said...

Amy!!! I love the string of hearts!

Tracey McNeely said...

Too sweet Amy!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the little heart border you created.

Pam Young said...

Love this little guy, and the heart border is adorable!!

Leigh Penner said...

I'm so behind on blogs.... I didn't realize you were guest designing for My Favorite Things, Amy! That's so exciting! Congratulations!!
Your card is so super sweet -- I love it! Off to check what else I've been missing on your blog...

Yuki said...

This card is absolutely ah-dorable! All of the little hearts and sequins add such a cute detail to the card. And that raccoon.. isn't he just the cutest?! ♥

Parker said...

I like the ghost-stamping and the red hearts that border between the two layers. Racoony makes a great impact.

Kathy Straw said...

So adorable! I love the heart border as well!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so sweet!!

Amy Rohl said...

Yummy adorable, Amy!!

PennieS said...

Love the sewn on hearts! Sew cute! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails