Sunday, September 14, 2014

Grateful with My Favorite Things!


Welcome back to the New Release Countdown for My Favorite Things!  This month has been jam packed with new FABULOUS stamps, die-namics, and stencils......don't you think?  Well, there is more goodness to come!


NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

Today I'm using the Falling Leaves Die-namics along with the Words of Gratitude Die-namics.  These die sets are amazing and can be used for so many occasions!  

I started by blending some fall Distress Ink colors (Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap, and Crushed Olive) onto white cardstock.  Using that cardstock, I diecut my Falling Leaves Die-namics.  Once the leaves were diecut, I added some extra color to the edges of the leaves.  Next I used some white woodgrain cardstock and diecut a circle out of the panel.  My leaves were arranged inside this circle and adhered.  The woodgrain panel was only adhered with double layer of foam tape at the top of the circle and the bottom.  By doing this, it gives a "dome" shape to the woodgrain panel which is fun!


9.14.14

My diecut sentiment is from the Words of Gratitude Die-namics set.  I blended more of my Distress Inks onto a scrap piece of cardstock and diecut the word.  I was left with this beautiful colored sentiment!!  I diecut 3 more out of white cardstock and glued them all together for dimension.  Now, I wanted to discuss all the detail in these leaf dies.....seriously lifelike and amazing!!!  All this detail is just from diecutting the leaves!  


9.14.14#2

That's all for today but make sure you visit the MFT Blog for a list of all the new products and links to more inspiration!  


18 comments:

Marisa said...

You are rocking this release, Amy :) Adore this card.

Lucy E. said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Like how you framed the leavew within the circle .

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous!!!

Liz said...

The leaves look so real
Awesome colors

The Whitworth Family said...

Such a warm and beautiful card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous inking on these die cuts! You have been rocking your guest spot!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Amy!

Janelle said...

Fall is my Favorite and this card is just LOVELY. Love the shading.

Elizabeth S. said...

Absolutely beautiful and love the design and colors!

Queen Mary said...

Amy, I love the circle cut out of the wood grain paper! Lovely!

Kim S said...

Absolutely stunning leaves!! And I love the colors washing across the word die!

Janeen said...

what a beautiful way to create Autumn. Thank you for sharing how you did the leaves. they are beautiful.

Pam Young said...

Love the card and the the leaves are amazing!! Love the wood grain cardstock!!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful card!

Phi said...

Gorgeous bright card. Love the multi-coloured word.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, I love the leaves 'peeking' thru on the card!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love these leaves!

Related Posts with Thumbnails