Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Emboss Resist Snowflakes!


As I head off to see my 7th grader (seriously, where did the time go?  #nowaycanhebethatold) play some Falcon Football later today, I wanted to share this card using this amazing snowflake stamp set called Lots of Snowflakes from Simon Says Stamp.  

Today is also the close of the amazing month long event called STAMPtember hosted by Simon Says Stamp.  Don't forget to get those EXCLUSIVE dies and stamps that are only available through today!  You can shop using the link in my sidebar------------>>>>>


I immediately fell in love with this particular snowflake stamp in this set......even better there is a smaller version too!  I decided to white heat emboss them onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  I watercolored a mixture of Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks over the top for a resist effect leaving some areas darker than others.  My favorite technique EVER!

Season's Greetings2

Here's a close up of the silver heat embossed sentiment from Peace on Earth from Simon Says Stamp and the tiny frame die from the Frames Die set.

Season's Greetings3 

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!


6 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm in the...."I'm not old enough to be mom to a high school junior club :)!" Love this...the subtle color on the water color paper is fabulous Amy. I hope he game goes well.

Alanna said...

I hear you about not being old enough. I've got a freshman this year. Yikes!

Your card is beautiful. I love that blue.

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love the blue and the vellum sentiment piece.

Yoonsun Hur said...

So very pretty! Love the vellum sentiment frame!!! - xoxo Yoonsun

Lisa Lara said...

This is beautiful Amy. I love that die.

June K said...

Such a pretty card, Amy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails