Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Mom

Banner & Wreath

Hello!  I have a "MOM" card to share today for Avery Elle Stamps.  Many of you know that I lost my mom just over 11 years ago very suddenly.  Way too soon.  So creating these cards is difficult but I do have a wonderful mother-in-law who I can send them to.  ☺
Avery Elle

This one uses the beautiful Banner & Wreath stamps and coordinating Banner & Wreath Ellements.  My "mom" sentiment comes from another must have set called Best Ever.  These sets work wonderful together!  

I decided to break out a color I don't use often......purple.  I've stamped, die cut, and colored my floral images with Copics.  I arranged them in the shape of a wreath and stamped the bold "mom" sentiment in the center.  To this white panel, I used the Wonky Stitches Ellements to add a bit of interest to the border so that the deep purple notecard, from The Royal Collection Folded Cards, could show behind.  The florals were coated with Crystal Stickles......gives a totally different look than my normal Wink of Stella.  ☺  A perfectly done bow using the Bow-Easy and Sugar Plum Twine from Avery Elle was added for that final touch.

Banner & Wreath2

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

7 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty. I love the stitched die.

Carey Nusbaum said...

What a beautiful mom card! Your coloring is amazing!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Happy Dance said...

We never get over losing our moms, do we Amy?. I miss mine terribly.... Hugs to you sweet girl. This is a beautiful card, and I'm sure your MIL will adore it! You should ETA and play at CASology where the cue card is 'mom.' This would fit beautifully there. Bev

Diane Jaquay said...

What a lovely, colorful wreath, Amy!

Susi said...

Oh, Amy, I didn't know (about your Mom), but I definitely feel your pain as I too lost mine 13 years ago suddenly, and I too have difficulty creating Mother's Day cards (I almost feel as if I don't want to create ANY of them). But you're right, there are so many amazing "Moms" who deserve lovely cards created from the heart, as you have done with this gorgeous creation for your MIL. She will adore it!

kim @thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com said...

Beautiful card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails