Saturday, April 30, 2016

Inspired By......

Script Greetin gs

Hello!  Welcome to the weekend!  I am honored to be a guest over at a new challenge called Inspired by: All the Little Things.  They choose some gorgeous photos to be inspired by!  I was invited to play along from Lesley.  


This week's inspiration photo just screamed color.  I took the idea of color and watercolored some stripes on a trimmed panel of Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  I used Blueprint Sketch and Fossilized Amber.  For the butterfly, I pulled out an older but favorite butterfly die from Memory Box called Vivienne Butterfly.  (I used the Darla Butterfly as the "backer".)  I left the butterfly white and decided to put my sentiment over the center.  My sentiment, from Script Greetings from Right at Home, was black heat embossed on vellum and trimmed by hand.  I attached my sentiment to the butterfly with some Kool-tak clear adhesive.  I stamped my coordinating sentiment below the butterfly using my Mini Misti.  As a last touch, I added some 4mm Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.

Script Greetings2



Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

10 comments:

KimCreate said...

Amy, Your card is so pretty! Love the water colored stripes and scripty sentiment.
Kim :)

Lesley said...

I love those watercoloured stripes of colour, Amy! Your card is so fresh and pretty! Thank you for being my guest! Hugs!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Keeway Tsao said...

Amy this is so beautiful! I love your take on the inspiration and your soft watercolor stripes are just perfect. I love the look!

Lynn said...

Love your fabulous water color background Amy!

LauraJane:) said...

Super to have you Guest design and interviewed at inspired By:) LOVE the water colored stripes on your card:)

Marcie Sharp said...

So lovely Amy! I love the pieces intact on the butterfly, and the clear droplets are the perfect finishing touch.

Tenia Nelson said...

So very pretty!!

kim @thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love everything about this card, the stripes, the inlaid butterfly, the sentiment on vellum, perfect Amy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails