Monday, July 30, 2018

Queen & Co. / Star Shakers


Hello!  Queen & Co. has done it again with their shaker kits!  I am sharing some STAR shakers that make great cards for any occasion.  The star dies that are included in this kit have stitching around the edges....I love this detail!

My first card starts with cutting 5/8" strips of the larger polka dot print papers from Delightful Dots.  The strips were added to a piece of cardstock and trimmed all the edges for a clean look to my panel.  

Star Shaker 

My shaker was made using one of star dies with white cardstock.  I filled my star shaker with Pastel Diamond Toppings in all colors to go with the rainbow theme of my card.  To finish, my sentiment, from the Star Shaped Kit, was white heat embossed onto a hand trimmed black banner.

Star Shaker2 

Supplies:


My second card uses an "inlaid" technique so that my card is flat but still has the shaker element.

I started making my inlaid shakers by die cutting the stars in a panel of white cardstock.  Using this panel as a guide, I laid this panel over my notecard and added the foam shaker outlines to the panel.  After removing my panel, lots of foam adhesive was added to the back and added to my notecard.  

Inlaid Star Shaker

I filled each star with various coordinating colors of Bubbles Toppings and sealed my shakers.  I die cut the stars out of cardstock and inlaid them over the shaker to hide them.  A few small star die cuts were added along with Iridescent Rhinestones.  Lastly, a simple stamped sentiment banner was added across the middle star.

Inlaid Star Shaker2 

Supplies:

1 comment:

Shelly said...

These are FABULOUS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails