Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hello Bluebird / Otterly Great Birthday



Hello!  The Hello Bluebird July Release is now available!  
I am sharing two projects with some of this release.  

My first card uses the new Otter Friends stamp set and dies.  I kept my scene super simple but cute!

Otter Friends

I created the water for my otter to swim in by watercoloring various colors of Distress Inks direct to wet watercolor paper and allowed it to dry.  I used the Grassy Knoll dies (the clouds) to create my "waves".  I taped all my waves back together on the backside and trimmed them down on the sides.  I added foam adhesive to the back and adhered to a white top folding card.

My otter and groupings of cattails were Copic colored and die cut.  They were tucked in behind the waves at the shoreline and my otter was tucked between the waves and holds a present!  A simple black sentiment strip was added at the bottom to ground my scene.

Otter Friends2

My second card uses the new Gallery Frame Die #2.  I love creating cards with just die cuts!  
I wanted to keep the focus on the flowers in this set so I kept the frame all white.

Gallery Frame Die #2

I grouped my leaves in a wreath fashion and added the adorable little flowers.  
To the bottom of the Gallery Frame Die, I added a layered black die cut 'thanks'.  

Gallery Frame Die #2_2

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails