Thursday, January 29, 2015

My sweet


The sentiment.  I'm probably the only one who would put this on a card.  I say it.....to my kids.  They love me......or tolerate me (LOL)!  

I have a fun watercolor background using some Distress Inks and Frantic Stamper exclusive dies!  I love how soft the colors came out and how they "run" down the card.  

My Sweet1

I've actually used THREE dies for this card:  Sweet word die, Accessory Words die, and Diagonal Card Sketcher die.  The stamped hearts are actually the tiny heart dies that come with the Diagonal Card Sketcher die!  I diecut them with fun foam and simply used them to stamp with!  I stamped the hearts in the same colors of Distress Inks as the watercolored background except they were stamped directly....no watering down.

I wanted to "ground" my word "sweet" so I applied a band of gold glitter tape to the bottom of my card.  Love the effect!

My Sweet2



Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

6 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Those are some awesome SWEET dies! I might have to get that diagonal card sketches die. Very cool! Love the touch of gold.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE those dies and your background colors. Very nice!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous watercoloring! Love the gold and sparkle!

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful card. Love the pinks with the gold! And I say, "Hello, my sweet" to my husband all the time, so I think it is a perfectly lovely sentiment.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Amy!! I also say Hello, my sweet!!! xo

Happy Dance said...

When the kids were little, we used to say "my sweet Baboo." This darling card brought that memory back, so thanks so much for that! Love the watercolor background, and the gold...oh the gold!!! Love this. Bev

Related Posts with Thumbnails