Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bee Mine


Hello!  We are enjoying the spring-like weather here but I know some of my friends on the East Coast is having to dig out from all the snow.  Today is one of those times where I'm glad I live in Kansas!  :)

I've been excited to finally share this post on my blog.  This card was one of my blog posts this month over on the Taylored Expressions blog.  

When the Little Bits Bumble Bee was released, I had to use it with the Punny Love sentiment set for a cute Valentine card.  The catch?  Of course, I had to make the card a little more "involved" but still CAS.  

BumbleBee1

For my hexagon "heart", I used the Hexagon Cutting Plate to first make an impression into a piece of vellum.  This gave me a place to be able to piece in all the red hexagons.  Once all the pieces were pieced onto the vellum, the panel was die cut with a large heart die from my stash.

Bumble Bee2


Thanks so much for spending a part of your day with me!

8 comments:

Lisa H. said...

another WOW card! love the hexagon heart and the sweet little bee.

Shelly said...

This is sooo cute!

Sue McRae said...

I just love that hexagon heart!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that heart, what a great graphic element!

Jen Carter said...

What a great idea on how to make the heart!! Super cool!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Amy. That's a great idea to put the hexagons on vellum.

Merica's Place said...

Really love the red heart, it just pops off the page. I'm also glad I live in Kansas.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! This is such a creative use of the hexagon plate, Amy, and still so CAS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails