Friday, March 6, 2009

A goal of mine....

is to start USING some stamp sets that I have bought and never have inked up!! I'm sure most of you out there are like this.....you become some sort of "collector" whether it's paper, embellishments, or stamps (like me). So for today's post, I've used a stamp set I bought not long ago at Michael's by Autumn Leaves. It is a clear set called Pretty Poppies....and I think this card is my favorite card that I've made in a long time!! I needed to make a birthday card for a friend of mine and this is what I came up with......I kinda didn't even want to send it. It like it THAT much. Anyway, I hope my friend enjoys it even though it is late getting to her.

All of the stamps used on this card were from that set except for the flower background used for the bottom of the card. This background came from a MS background set. And what about that wavey dotted border? Don't you just love this? A few weeks ago, I made my way to my local Michael's and found they had just stocked a new section of EK Success punches!! Let me just say that those coupons sure came in handy!! :)

Here is a close up of my embellishment....the poppy was paper pieced together, stickles to the center and raised with a dimensional. I LOVE how the leaves look.....I stamped them with Ripe Avocado ink from PTI but then dragged them across the ink pad before stamping. It gave them that striped/distressed look. The flourish looking square behind the flower was also a stamp from this set. All cardstock is PTI.......I am in LOVE with these coordinating colors of paper, ink, ribbon, and now buttons!! (Don't have these yet but maybe next time!)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Your card is sooo pretty! I love the color combo! Don't you love Pure Poppy PTI CS? It's my fav!

That punch looks fun! Hey are you going to Round Up?

Tabitha said...

Lovely card!

I hear ya on using those stamps that you just had to have!!

Love your blog your cards are lovely!

kssdesigns said...

Love your style! Just came across your blog and I'm glad I did. Great projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails