Thursday, May 20, 2010

It all started with a post about a notebook!

I posted this notebook I made for a good friend of mine a while back and Dana put this comment on it:

"I've only had a chance to make these for other people too,
so how about this: I make one for YOU, and you make one for ME!
(because I really like this one and can see how cute it would look in my hand! *grin*)

So, this is how it started......we emailed our favorite colors and decided to do a notebook swap!!   
During this time, I also found out that she liked button rings so I designed one just for her!
Well, it did take me a while to get this done and then the USPS took forever to get it there....so much so that I thought I either had put the wrong addy on it or it had gotten lost!
Finally, here are the pictures.......beware this is a long post with lots of pics!!


This notebook uses several PTI stamp sets including Take Note which is a MUST HAVE set when making one of these notebooks!  Also used here was Life and Turning a New Leaf.




Ok, so earlier I mentioned that I found out that Dana liked button rings!  Well, I have finally decided to go into making them!!  So, I designed one for her in her favorite colors as well!  This was the first time I've made one for someone that wasn't able to "try it on" before hand.  Dana says it fits just fine!


Here is the ring at side view of the wraps. 


Ok, so I had to make a card to go with all this right?  Yeah, I had to!  I used the new Enjoy the Ride stamp set and matching die to make her this cute mini card.




Well, you didn't think I would show you what I made and not show you what Dana sent to me did you??  Here's the GORGEOUS notebook she sent me.......so totally me in every way!

I want to give out a HUGE thank you to my blog friend, Dana!!  Thanks so much for posting that comment.....I had a great time designing these things for you! 
Go check out her blog....she makes amazing things!

{This & That notebook}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Take Note, Turning a New Leaf, Life
Paper:  Kraft, Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate, Rustic White, Dotty Biscotti
Ink:  New Leaf, Dark Chocolate
Misc:  green trim (from a garage sale), ivory trim (Wrights), Terracotta Tile button, Ripe Avocado buttons, button twine, scallop circle punch (EK Success)

{Enjoy the Ride}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride, A Little Argyle
Paper:  Kraft, Rustic White
Ink:  Orangerie, New Leaf, Dark Chcolate, True Black
Misc:  Enjoy the Ride die, pop dot, misc. gems, Embossed punch (EK Success), silver pen (Gelly Roll)

21 comments:

Jackie Solomon said...

Soo cute! I love the button ring, it looks awesome.

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVE these!

Sue Ann said...

How do I order a ring ?? Do you use matte metal at all ?? And now I am going to sing ......I could break away............ I spread my wing and I learn how to fly ........ la la la ...... can you believe I can type as fast as she sings ....... but sometimes there is a typo :) Have a great day!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Both notebooks are gorgeous!! What a great idea Dana had.
Love the ring! It is beautiful!

Lee said...

Both notebooks are so beautiful. That button ring is gorgeous. You are so talented.

Barb said...

These are all just beautiful, Amy! LOVE the ring, and Dana's notebook is so cute in pink/green :)

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, how cool and fun to exchange note pads ladies ;) I love both of them, and Amy, that ring ROCKS!!!

Terri said...

Great idea to exchange noetbooks, they are both great. I still have not made anything with this set. You are making me want to now though. Cool ring too!

Barbara said...

What a fun idea. Both of your notebooks are awesome! I really need to ink up my set, don't I? And that ring--outstanding! Just beautiful!

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh. My. Word. The way the gorgeous notebook, ring and card coordinate is FABULOUS, Amy!! Lucky Dana!!

Bonita Rose said...

lucky Dana.. now I want one!! Love that button ring... I'd be interested in one.. msge me! hugs xo Lucky girls!!!

Laurie said...

WOW Amy! I want one!! :) Everything is so beautiful!! I am going to need to get out my new Take Note set! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Carter said...

Wow Amy!! Lots of goodness in this post! Love it all! I love how you used the argyle in the Enjoy the Ride card, the two different colors looks so cool! Beautiful ring too! I need to post some more of mine! You're going to have to give me tips in a few weeks on how you do the sides so perfectly!

Dana said...

*grin*
I was just going to to email you and ask if I could post your notebook/card and ring on my blog and here they are!
I must say that the ring is the most gawjus piece of jewelry I own! I've had several complete strangers ask me where I bought it and I get such a kick out of telling them that a blog friend made it for me. I even handed out your blog address to one lady!
The little mini card sits at my computer desk where I can see it everyday, and the fantastic notepad gets a special spot in my handbag where I constantly use it to make my lists!
You rock Amy, and I'm so glad I happened upon your blog. Thank you for sharing your talent with me.

Courtney Baker said...

Oh wow such fabulous cards!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy...you rock!!! Your ring, card, your notebook and Dana's gift to you are FABULOUS!!! Love it all!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Love those notebooks! Great card, and love the blingy headlights :)

Lindsay said...

That is just the sweetest thing ever! I love hearing about bloggy friends! Your rings are amazing too!

Aimes said...

Isn't it fab how the world of blogland brings crafty peeps together?! I love your notebook you made Dand AND that fabby button ring - she's a lucky gal!
Aimes
x

Kelly S. said...

Loving the argyle with that orange bug! I need to try it this way, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and visiting...off to see your other argyle experimentation!

Katie said...

Yet another fabulous set of creations from you! I love how they all coordinate so well. The notebook you received is lovely as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails