Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday

I finally can post this card I made for my friend, Laurie, for her birthday because she has received it!  
Used my favorite new set, A Little Argyle, for the bottom in her favorite colors.


The flower was colored in using the Pure Poppy copic trio and popped up.
The sentiment is from last years PTI anniversary set, Everyday Classics.  LOVE that set with it's sentiments!
Can you believe....no ribbon?  Yep, that black strip is textured cardstock.


On another note, a while back I sent Laurie an idea for an image for my personalized stamp.  She took my idea and drew her own image and whalaaa.....my own personalized stamp!  I love how it turned out!!  Thanks Laurie for your design work!! 
(She also designed my blog header from an idea I sent her.  She is soo talented!)


{Happy Birthday}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Delightful Dahlia, A Little Argyle, Everyday Classics
Paper:  Black (Bazzill), Pure Poppy, Rustic White
Ink:  Pure Poppy, True Black
Misc:  Dahlia die, pop dot, Pure Poppy copic trio, clear rhinestones

19 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Amy this card is beautiful ......... It all works so perfectly together!!! Love the new header and that stamp is great. I have to get a new one with my blog on it ....... Love it all ...... have a great day!!!

Barb said...

Fabulous card, Amy! LOVE the colors and clean lines... not to mention the blinged-out flower center :)

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful! I love the argyle and dahlia together.

Taheerah said...

Great card Amy! Love the classic colour scheme, great touch to add the rhinestones to the dahlia centre!

Dana said...

Oooh, I can't believe you didn't use ribbon...I'm TELLING! lol
Your argyle pattern is spot on Amy...very impressive. I love the coloring job you did too...I think the dahlia is a hard one to do.

LOVE your new stamp! I can't believe Laurie designed it!!!!! How awesome is that?!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful Amy!! The argyle looks fabulous!

Angy said...

Beautiful, can't wait to break out my argyle and use it. Just got it on Thursday so I will be playing the argyle game soon.

Barbara said...

LOVE the argyle with the dahlia, Amy! And I always love black and red together! Beautiful card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous CAS card Amy...I bet your friend loved this card too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

What a great card. I love the white space at the top. So clean looking.

Sara Mac said...

LOVE this card Amy! This is one of my fav color combos. I really like the dahlia paired with the argyle.

Rhonda said...

Love the argyle in red and the Dahlia.

Pat said...

Love your Pure Poppy and black combo. The argyle is a great complement to the flower.

Jen Carter said...

I love it!! That is gorgeous!! Great design! I love the argyle with the flower!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute!

Katie said...

Lovely! Great job lining up the argyle! I'm still trying to get the hang of it!

Mrs. Cunningham said...

wow! I'm loving the color..and the argyle!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love that Argyle!!! TFS!

Kelly S. said...

Loving the mix of poppy and white space on this argyle! The bold flower is the PERFECT touch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails