Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Avery Elle / Holiday Bouquet

Hello!  
I am here sharing inspiration with the new Avery Elle set Holiday Bouquet and coordinating Holiday Bouquet Elle-ments.

Holiday Bouquet


I am sharing my favorite technique right now, watercoloring with Distress Oxides.  I start by smooshing the ink pad onto an acrylic block.  You don't need much!  TIP:  There's no easier and fun way to watercolor than to use white heat embossing.  It makes it so easy to "stay in the lines"!


Holiday Bouquet Technique

I started by white heat embossing onto Bristol Smooth watercolor paper.  This paper makes all the difference in the world when watercoloring and it very inexpensive!  First, I spritzed it lightly with some water and then using Candied Apple and Peeled Paint, I simply used my waterbrush to drop color to the areas of the poinsettias.  I colored the image several times, drying between.  As a last touch, I spritzed the image with shimmer spray and let dry.  My card was assembled using the Diagonal Stripes Elle-ments.  There's something to be said about a white on white holiday card with poinsettias!

Holiday Bouquet2



Supplies:

Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

HJ said...

Beautiful! Love your coloring and the entire card. So pretty. Enjoy your day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails