Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh Easter Theme Week

Easter Week

Hello!  Welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh Easter Theme Week!
The Design Team has shared many ideas using the newest Easter products over the past few days.  Make sure to check them all out!



I wanted to create a card with the bunny image, from Easter Friends, popping out of windows.  Pretty Pink Posh has lots of choices for dies when it comes to this technique.  I chose to use the Stitched Pieces Die.  I created a white panel using this die as it cuts the rounded rectangles out leaving stitching on the negative piece.  I used the negative piece, trimmed down, and rounded the corners to match.  To a top folding card, I added some plaid pattern paper and added my white die cut Stitched PIeces panel with foam adhesive.  I didn't want the pattern paper behind my images so I used the rounded rectangles cut earlier and lightly blended Distress Inks in shades that matched the pattern paper.  These were adhered through the "windows".

Easter Week2

My images were Copic colored and die cut using the Easter Friends Die Set.  Then I decided where all my elements were going to go.  Once this was done, I used the "Hi!" sentiment from Everyday Greetings Stamp Set and stamped it in each window.  Using a non-Easter sentiment, made this a card that could be given anytime in the spring (if you left off the colored eggs!)  Now the fun part was assembling!  My bunnies were popped up with foam adhesive from each window tucking the bottom into the frame.  One little colored egg was added to each bunny to carry.  To finish, a few sequins from the Friendship Sequin Mix were added for some sparkle.


Easter Week3

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

1 comment:

suzy0820 said...

I LOVE this Easter card...so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails