Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Color Cue {8} Challenge

It's time for another Color Cue Challenge....this one using some fantastic colors!
I pulled out my new Wreath for all Seasons set from PTI.  This set is fantastic....it lends itself
to soo many possibilities for every season.  I decided to use it as a Christmas wreath and
get one of my Christmas cards out of the way!


I have to give a "shout out" to my good friend Jen, at Jen's Ink Spot,  for the inspiration for the "berries" on
my card.  She was chosen as one of the Wplus9 Color Cue "picks" last time around
for her fabulous tree card that she did knots on.  Check it out here...one beautiful card!


Do you know how long it's been since I'd done French Knots? 
Forever......Like 25 years ago forever.  I can still remember my Grandma
teaching me this when I was younger.  I will be sure to use this on my cardmaking again soon!
I'd forgotten how fun it is to do!


Why don't you come try this challenge out too?  When you do, make sure and link up!

As always, thanks so much for taking time to leave comments!  They are so fun to read!
Have a beautiful day!

{Merry Christmas}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Wreath for all Seasons
Paper:  Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Rustic White, Lemon Tart Bitty Dots DP
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel
Misc:  Ribbon (just some from my stash), Scarlet Jewel button, Rustic Cream button twine, Embroidery floss, Foam tape

15 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Amy. I LOVE the French Knots!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE~~

Keva said...

Oh, those french knots are so cute! I am afraid to try them, though, cause I am not good with things like that...lol. The challenge colors look great here and it is a fabulous layout.

Eva said...

Great use of these colors together...not sure I could make something pretty with that color combo...you did an awesome job!

Jen Carter said...

I love this! Your knots are awesome! Perfect! I really like how you did your sentiment too!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just beautiful Amy! Welcome to WD!!!! Congrats on Embellish too!

Anita Rex said...

What a lovely holiday card! :>

Kay D said...

Great Christmas card, and I LOVE that Scarlet Jewel bow!

Stephanie said...

Love this card! I haven't made French Knots since I was a little girl. Great way to do something different for the tradition "berry"......Very nice!

Paula Laird said...

This is beautiful! I love your layout!

Dana said...

Beautiful. The french knots really add a great visual/textural interest!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great, Christmas card! All I could see with this Color Cue was fall. Although, it may be because it feels an awful lot like fall in my neck of the woods. Just beautiful!

Laurie said...

Beautiful!! I don't know how I missed this one! I love that wreath and can you believe I still haven't inked it up? :) Maybe tomorrow! ;)

Nerina said...

So beautiful! I LOVE your french knots - they work so well on this!

Elise said...

Yeahooooo for the BOTH of you and those ADORABLE French knots {!}, I loved Jen's card, and YOURS is FABULOUS! So glad you got all inspired by this fantastic color palette and THEN, shared your lovely talent with W9!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amy! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails