Thursday, October 7, 2010

VSWCMD2 and Embellish Magazine challenge

I have been seeing tons of these Verve sketches being done by my fellow blog friends
and I finally had time to play last night after the house was quiet!
I ordered 2 Verve stamp sets quite a while ago and figured I should give them some ink again!
So here is the first sketch I played with:

I used some new (to me) paper by October Afternoon for my side panel.  It
matches one side of the Diamonds Impression Plate from PTI perfectly!


The leaves were stamped in Versamark and heat embossed on Soft Stone carstock. 
It is just the softest grey there is....I love it.  I don't know why I had never opened it until just recently!


Here is the color inspiration piece from Embellish magazine and I hope my stamped leaf
will do for "background stamping".


Thanks for stopping by and stay posted because I played with another Verve sketch last
night too and will post that later today.

{Wishing You}
Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf  (PTI), Let it Shine (Verve)
Paper:  Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, True Black, DP (October Afternoon)
Ink:  True Black, Charcoal Palette, Versamark
Misc:  Diamonds IP (PTI), Black Grograin ribbon (Dollar Tree), Nesties Labels 4, Circle punch, Clear embossing powder, Silver pearl (Michaels), Copics

16 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very pretty leaf design on the gray! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Dana said...

Love the coordinating patterns. One on the paper and one with the IP! Gorgeous colors Amy.

Keva said...

Ooh..this is gorgeous, Amy! I love the leaf stamped on the soft stone and your sun looks too cute!

Jen Carter said...

Wowzers! This is so pretty! I love how you stamped the leaf on the impressed background! This is just so pretty!

Christina said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous! I LOVE the watermark leaves on the Soft Stone (I never think to use this color either!). The combination of elements on this card is just perfect, Amy!

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the sentiment ~~~ and the bow ..... well perfect!!! Love it all!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a pretty card! Love the gray leaves and that Verve image/sentiment!

Laurie said...

You already know what I think! Insane GOOD! Love it!! :)

Nerina said...

Absolutely beautiful! This is truly serenely elegant!

Stephanie said...

This just screams "elegance" to me. Very pretty.

Debby said...

Fab Amy - particularly love the grey stamped and embossed background.

Unknown said...

Stunning! I love your cards!!! I am following your blog to get more inspiration.

Lee Anne said...

Wonderful card! I'm glad you are getting these challenges done! Woo Hoo!

Charlene Austin said...

WOW! Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge.

Sue said...

Stunning Amy! You have certainly done an insane job of combining both the sketch n the colours- absolutely fabulous! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails