Sunday, October 24, 2010

Snowy Wishes and a challenge too!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  We are having our daughter's 5th Birthday party
at our house this afternoon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain. 
We are having a special guest, a miniature horse. It's been soo hard
keeping this a secret from her for the past few weeks.  She really loves horses (right now) so
when a friend said they would bring Shorty over for her party, we took her up on it!  Thanks Rusty!

For today's cards, I used my new stamp set, Snowy Wishes from Wilson Designs.
Let me tell you.....Kim's set stamps so beautifully! 
My cards fit the challenge over at Wee Memories this week:  "Cute Holiday".



I did use some of that fun new paper from PTI, Distressed Dots, and paper pieced the
cute snowman's scarf!  Kim has included so many cute accessories for the snowman.  It's
hard to choose!  Don't you just love the snow?  I used some Sparkly Fluff.....it is so fun!


My second card is a mini 3x3 card using just the branch and birdie from this set.
Kim included several sizes of sentiment fonts and I thought this one was perfect for a 3x3 card!
If you look real close, I did stamp some snowflakes on the panel with my branch.  I didn't
realize that I grabbed my "old" version of Spring Rain ink.


This card was super quick and will be perfect to tuck in a holiday treat this season.


Gotta run for now......lots of party decorating to do!
Thanks so much for visiting!

{Jolly Wishes}
Paper:  Stamper's Select, Ripe Avocado, Spring Rain, Ture Black, Distressed Dots DP (all PTI)
Ink:  Spring Rain, True Black (all PTI)
Misc:  Polka Dots Impression Plate (PTI), Copics, Sparkly Fluff, Nesties, Ripe Avocado buttons (PTI)

{Warm Holiday Wishes}
Paper:  Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Ink:  True Black, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate (all PTI), Versamark
Misc:  Crystal Stickles, Nesties, Red Satin ribbon (HL), Copic marker

21 comments:

Laurel said...

Totally sweet cards!

Taheerah said...

Really cute cards Amy!! Love that adorable snowman especially. Your layout works perfectly to keep him as the focal!

Keva said...

This is SO cute. I love that set. I might cave and buy it!

~Tammy~ said...

Yay! Love what you did with Kim's Snowy Wishes Set! Hope the party goes well! Went through that last year with my son's Cowboy Party!

Brandi said...

So cute! Please do me a favor and post a pic of the miniature horse. I can't imagine how cute it must be!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful!

Erica said...

Cute cards! I love that snowman!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love these Amy, they're both so cute!

Lee Anne said...

Both of these cards are precious and I'm loving that cute snowman!

Jen Carter said...

Both of these cards are so stinkin' cute!! I LOVE how you used this set!! :) Love the buttons behind the snowman image panel and the snow!! I need more info on what that stuff is! :) And the mini card...adorable!! Very cute!

Christina said...

That snowman is absolutely, stinking cute! Your design is fabulous and I love the pieced scarf. Must check out this set! The bird and branch are so simple and adorable too!

Lynn said...

Amy,
Adorable cards...really love the first one...so many gorgeous details!

Katie said...

I love that little snowman! I need to break out my "Made of Snow" I think! I hope you survived the party!

Kara said...

such cute winter cards!! love em:)

Debby said...

Such a cute snowman and love the simplicity of the little bird.

Eva said...

Amy I do love everything about this card...the snowman is adorable and I love the colors on the white. Makes for such a crisp clean look. The placement of your buttons is fabulous...looks super cool!

Terri said...

They are both very cute! I especially like that little red bird.

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of these cards are super cute, but I'm totally in love with the snowman one!!! His polka dot scarf, the sweet little birdie, the debossed polka dot background, and the sparkly fluff---such a festive combination!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are sooooo awesome Miss Amy!!!! So glad that you are on the Wilson Designs DT!!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a great CAS card! Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Laurie said...

The snow is fabulous! And what a cute snowman!! I just love this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails