Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Layering with vellum

Tuesday Team 6.28

Welcome!  Last week I shared lots of inspiration using the new June release from SugarPea Designs.  It's such a fabulous release.....and they just keep getting better and better!



During the last day of sneaks, I shared a masculine card using the Bring on the Cake stamps, It's a Celebration pattern papers, and Birthday Journal Card Dies.  Today, I have a feminine version to share!

First, I have to talk about these new papers......It's a Celebration.  These come in a pad, perfect for adding to a standard A2 notecard.  They are a bit glossy and have loads of color.   Here I've used this gorgeous striped paper for the base of my feminine birthday card.  To "tone the color" down a bit, I've layered 2 pieces of thick vellum together and backed it with SugarPuff Foam for dimension.  Love this vellum and the look it gives!

I've stamped and die cut the various cake pieces using Bring on the Cake and the Birthday Journal Card dies.  I assembled my cake onto my vellum layer and adhered.  Tiny sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh were added to the flower centers.  My sentiment was stamped using Celebrate all the Things onto a die cut banner from the Gift Tag Dies.  


Tuesday Team 6.28#2

supply list






Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

7 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this SO much, Amy! The topsy-turvy cake is so fun!

Annette Allen said...

wow totally fabulous.. love it

Teresa Doyle said...

What a fun card. Love the cake and vellum always adds a touch of elegance!

Susi said...

I don't know what it is about that angled birthday cake, but I think it's so cool & modern looking! Love the vellum panels over that beautiful DP and all the diecut embellishments around that fab cake.

Diane Jaquay said...

I adore this card, Amy, the wonky cakes are so awesome and I absolutely LOVE the colors and patterns you used, WOW!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Awesome birthday card!

Unknown said...

LOVE this card! Love this release!

Related Posts with Thumbnails