Friday, May 13, 2016

Newspaper Spotlight and a SALE!


Spring Sale 

Hello!  Just stopping in today to share an amazing SPRING SALE over at Lil' Inker Designs!  16% off to be exact!!  Please visit the Lil' Inker Designs blog for all the details of this sale!



I love the look of black and white cards lately so I thought I'd show a technique I'm calling "newpaper spotlight".  The idea is go black and white with a pop of color.  I started with a black panel that was die cut with the Stitched Mats: Rectangles on the perimeter.  With a trimmed white panel of cardstock, I stamped the peas and carrots image somewhat randomly with black ink.  The middle image was highlighted with a B00 Copic thick enough that when the die cut image is placed, you see a blue shadow.  I've colored my little peas and carrots couple from Perfect Pairs with Copic markers.  The best part????  This stamp set now has matching Perfect Paires DIES! Yippee!  My peas and carrots couple was adhered with foam adhesive so that the blue shadow is seen.  My sentiment was white heat embossed onto a strip of black cardstock die cut using the Stitched Mats: Long and Skinny Rectangles and was adhered just below my couple to "ground" them.  As a last little detail, I added tiny white dots as accents with my Signo Uni-ball pigment pen.

Spring Sale2





Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Such a cute card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails