Friday, March 20, 2015

Sketches for a starting point.......


Hi everyone!  I have been a little quiet here but that is because I have finally started moving my crafty stuff to another "temporary" space in our house.  My teenage son (sniff sniff) wants my basement room.  So we are beginning the whole room switcheroo.  Not sure where I'm going to put everything in the interim but I can't wait to get a new craft room out of this deal!  

When I started yesterday to make this card, I was a bit stuck.  Ever feel that way?  So I found this great sketch over at Retro Sketches.  A sketch is a GREAT way to get the mojo going when your stuck!  Well, I made this card (with my daughter helping choose colors) and I totally forgot to get it up here on the blog but I wanted to go ahead and post it now to be able to link up before the linky closed.  

I started with a strip of pattern paper from Home+Made by Jen Hadfield.  This pad is gorgeous!  My blooms were diecut with the Petals 'n Posies stamps and coordinating Confetti Cuts.  

Thanks a bunch

My sentiment was white heat embossed onto a black cardstock strip and tucked behind the blooms which were layered onto a stamped Give Thanks frame diecut.  Then I added lots of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. (love love love these)

Thanks a bunch2






Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Happy Dance said...

We're talking going condo, and it scares me to death to think of packing up all this stuff! Hope your transition goes smoothly and your new craft room is just right for you. Love what you've done with the sketch. The colors are perfect, and I so love the RC flowers and frame. This is just lovely! Have a great weekend. Bev

Lisa Lara said...

I love the blue and black then the pop of yellow and red with the flowers Amy. Cool card.

Unknown said...

Well, moving up from the basement might do you some good, getting to reorganize always sparks my creativity:) Love your card, Amy...what paper and ink do you use? The colors looks so fresh!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors and the design! The flowers just pop off the page!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails