Thursday, August 30, 2018

Queen & Co. / Bug Jar Kit

Hello!  I wanted to share some ways to use the Bug Jar Kit from Queen & Co. without the shakers!  I created two cards from this kit but there are so many other ways to use this kit too!  

Queen & Co

I am starting with a super clean and simple card using just the butterflies from the stamp set included in the Bug Jar Kit.  I went with Copic coloring the butterflies in pastel colors of the rainbow and die cut using the coordinating dies.


Because I wanted the butterflies to be the focal point of my card, I added them to a white panel of cardstock which was adhered to a white notecard that was scored to have 3 lines on either side.  I love how this simple texture adds to the card!  To create some shine, I added Glossy Accents to the butterfly bodies.  What's fun about this kits' stamp set is that it includes both whimsical and bold sentiments using fonts.  I stamped one of the sentiments on a hand trimmed banner and added it with foam adhesive.


Supplies:

For my second card, I used the jar dies from Love Jar Kit just as die cuts.  I needed a place to have my ladybugs perch!  I ink blended a light blue background using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto the inside of the jar and then stamped the branches.  I added some Copic colored and die cut ladybugs to the scene.  My jar topper was stamped and die cut from Delightful Dots paper pad.


I added my ladybug jar to a notecard that had a cloud sky stenciled in with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  The grass was created with some grass dies and pattern paper from Flirty Florals paper pad.  



Supplies:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails