Friday, September 8, 2017

The Ton’s Fall 2017 Release Blog Hop

Poinsettia2 

Hello and Welcome to the Fall Release for The Ton Stamps!  
I'm so honored to be included in the hop today!  I adore The Ton's floral stamps and their fall/holiday collection is no different!

The Ton has 24 new stamps, coordinating dies and 6 Couture Mixes for their new Fall 2017 Release which includes up to three free gifts with purchases. For more information on The Ton’s incentive gifts, head over to The Ton’s blog. All new release products are available now!  


I started out with the gorgeous Holiday Love Poinsettia.  Wow is all I can say!  The image in this set is such a perfect size for the focal point of a card.  

I've white heat embossed the image onto Bristol Smooth watercolor paper.  I had fun watercoloring using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers for this deep poinsettia color.  I used Deep Red, Wine Red, and Carmine Red.  For the leaves I used Mid Green and Olive Green.  To highlight my image, I watercolored around the perimeter of the poinsettia with watered down Distress Oxide ink in Broken China.  It gives the most perfect shade of blue!  (the photo makes it lighter than in real life)  I stamped my greeting in Versafine Onyx Black ink and did some gold flicks of Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  My panel was trimmed, layered onto a pink panel, and a strip of black/white pattern paper adhered down the left side.  This card is essentially one layer and will be perfect for mailing this holiday season!

Poinsettia   

***************************************

Next, I am changing gears a bit and am using the Magnificent Magnolias stamp set.  I've stamped the largest magnolia image onto Bristol Smooth watercolor paper both in the left lower and upper right corner with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I've used this ink because it is very good with watercolor!

Magnolia 

Using watered down Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint, I loosely colored in the images, letting the panel dry completely in between layers.  This is key in achieving this look.  After letting my panel dry, I splattered some black ink over my colored images.  My sentiment was white heat embossed onto a thin strip of black cardstock and trimmed at an angle.  My sentiment was adhered with foam adhesive over a strip of silver glitter cardstock and a few sparkling clear confetti were adhered.

Magnolia2

**********************************
Comment to win!

Three new release stamps will be given away to random commenters from the hop participant blogs. To qualify, you must leave a comment on The Ton Blog Hop post. The comment period will close on Monday, September 11th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter on The Ton’s blog.

Amy Kolling-->you are here

58 comments:

Nirvanacoffeegoddess said...

Love how you've used the stamps from the new release.
Stunning cards.

Heidi said...

Very pretty design, gorgeous projects!

Brand6 Duncan said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the classy yet elegant look of the first one. Another fabulous release by The Ton.

Unknown said...

The magnificent magnolias are out of this world! So pretty, your choice of colours works amazingly!

Dee Earnshaw said...

gorgeous cards. Love the gold on the first card -mmmm so yummy:)

Purple Princess said...

Such pretty cards!!

Robin said...

Really beautiful cards

Psychomak said...

Very festive.

Jane M said...

Great cards! I love the stamps from this release. Your cards show them off beautifully.

Tammy B said...

delicious; i'm always a sucker for watercolor :)

Susan said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card.

Lindar C said...

Such pretty cards! I couldn't wait to shop this morning!!

dbjhudson said...

Two very beautiful and elegant cards. Very inspiring

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome designs!

Tinstar said...

Lovely water colouring on that first card. that stripe really adds to the card.

CreativSpirit said...

Gorgeous cards, gorgeous stamps.

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Amy, both cards are fabulous but the poinsettia has my heart! Just gorgeous!

Beverly said...

I love your poinsettias!!! They make beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing your talent.

JmB said...

These are so pretty. Your water coloring is wonderful.

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! Such lovely cards!! I love the Magnolia card. Beautiful coloring. My favorite is your poinsetia card. So so pretty.

pcm said...

lovely cards!

Unknown said...

I love your poinsettia card. The soft blue hue behind the poinsettia is a wonderful touch.

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful cards. Fantastic coloring.

Jen said...

Pretty, pretty cards. Love the pinks and reddish colors.

Stanlee Runner said...

Beautiful cards, I love the poinsettia.

cindybearj said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the poinsettia and the way you colored it. I love this release!

Tracy Jollymore said...

So beautiful. Your colouring is stunning! Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Beautiful cards, so elegant and delicate.

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my!!! Awesome cards!!! I'm in love for your first one!!! <3

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - WONDERFUL cards Amy!
Your magnolias are a DELICATE DELIGHT and your poinsettias, well they're ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Kira N. said...

Absolutely lovely cards!!

Robin P said...

Wow, very beautiful cards. Love both of them.

lritchie said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I do love the poinsettia card, the muted blue background is gorgeous!

Mary Holshouser said...

Great coloring on the flowers.
Both are beautiful.
thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Georgeous cards! Such a beautiful release...

Andrew and Bertha Pilgrim said...

Two great cards. I love the shading of the poinsettia card. Really lovely! Thanks.

Laura said...

Great cards!!

Nikki said...

Your cards are just beautiful!

Amy McCue said...

I love that poinsettia

~amy~ said...

Amy, both of your cards are so pretty!

FD91354 said...

Love how your magnolia card finished up. The Ton has presented us with a great release!

Linda S. said...

Beautiful cards. The coloring is just amazing.

KimberlyRae said...

My goodness, girl you knocked it outta the park with your Brilliant cards!!! I love each one of them. Thank you for the inspiration!

Liz O. said...

Love these gorgeous designs Amy!! Amazingly colored! Thanks for the inspiration ! Have a wonderful day!

D.Ann C said...

Such lovely colors and cards!!

Sue D said...

Very pretty floral cards.

Angela Walters said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Amy! I especially love how you colored the poinsettias with your Real Brush Real Color markers. I have a set and need to learn how to use them better. I doubt my cards will ever look like yours, but I'd still like to try!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous poinsettias and magnolias! Beautiful cards!

Stacey Kowbel said...

Amazing cards! Love the poinsettias.

PatQ's Cards said...

Both cards are gorgeous!

Andrea A said...

Beautiful cards!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful coloring of the images. TFS

Trina P. said...

Beautiful projects.

Rae Hunter said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing.

Jill Taylor said...

Great cards and lovely color choices. Thanks for sharing!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful florals and I love how you colored/watercolored them, especially the poinsettias!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards I love the new collection so pretty especially the large flower stamps so amazing

Related Posts with Thumbnails