Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Right at Home and My Sweet Petunia "Misti" Blog Hop

Misti

Welcome to the Right at Home collaboration with My Sweet Petunia for a fabulous Misti Blog Hop!  



I'm sure by now you have heard about this amazing crafty "can't live without" tool but if not, here's a little about it:

Misti--Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented

MISTI's simple hinge design provides consistent stamping for the novice or experienced crafter. This tool will accommodate both the red rubber cling mount stamps or clear stamp. A foam pad is included with your MISTI to raise the cardstock when stamping with clear stamps. Your MISTI will provide a platform for multiple stamp techniques that are impossible with traditional stamp mounts. Use the two included magnets to quickly and easily position your cardstock, and the included grid paper makes it easy for you to layout and align your card's design.. Your MISTI is an investment you will treasure and enjoy, while saving you time and money while you make professional looking cards that reflect your creativity.

Here's my Misit (mini).  
I have a larger magnet and I have laminated my grid paper so that when I stamp off the edge, I can just wipe off the ink and not use so many grid papers!

Misti4

I can't create a card anymore without my Mini Misti, whether I use it to perfectly align my sentiment before stamping (alas less waste because I only have to stamp it once or twice for a darker look) or to stamp multi-step stamp sets.  Right at Home just released a new set called Anemones and its a great stamp set but using a Misti tool makes stamping these florals so simple!

Misti2

I used some of my favorite inks to color my Anemones using my Misti.  All the flowers and greenery were trimmed by hand (there are dies available).  For my layout, I actually CASE'd fellow DT member Laurie Schmidlin with one of her cards.  I just loved the pink ombre background!  I used I blended Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks and splattered with water.  I arranged my flower layout and then stamped my sentiment placing it exactly right using my Misti.  If you don't get a good impression, stamp again!  One of the best things about the Misti!  

Collage 

**PRIZE**

Two winners will be drawn from all the comments on the hop, so please leave a comment on every blog to be eligible to win one of two prizes: Winner's choice of an original or mini MISTI, and a prize package from Right at Home (Sunflower stamp set, Harvest Blessings stamp set (new release) and two Distress Oxide Inks - in Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint). Deadline for comments is September 8th at noon Central, and winners will be posted on the My Sweet Petunia and  Right at Home blogs on Tuesday September 12th.

Here's the entire blog hop list for more inspiration:



38 comments:

~amy~ said...

How pretty! Those Anemones are awesome...can't live without my MISTI's.

SmilynStef said...

Love the blooms in those beautiful colors.

Diane M said...

You had me at pink! Love.

Nancy B said...

Loving all the creativity on the cards such an inspiration. Love the colors

Sheila H said...

The blended background is soft and perfect for the gorgeous flowers.

KimberlyM said...

Love the colors you used! I agree the MiSti is the best for sentiments!

Unknown said...

Right at home used to be a 15 min drive for me to visit their store, i miss it so much since they closed, i need a misti, dont have one & love stamping, these anemones have such depth so awesome!!!

nicofthyme said...

Awesome colors! Thank you for the in-depth description of the MISTI and tips about how to get the best use out of it. :-)

Mary Jane Blahnik said...

Love your color pallet

luvhymns said...

My goodness, what an array of sweet flowers.

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely sentiment and flowers! Beautiful card!

D Q said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you used.

Jennifer Archambault said...

Love your back ground! Makes your flowers pop! Thanks for sharing!

Teresa Doyle said...

Such a great card Amy, love this set. Laminating the grid paper makes so much sense for this tool and the larger bar magnet must be stronger. Great ideas.

liz said...

Love what I have seen so far. Right at his me is new to me!

Janelle said...

Wonderful colors! Love my Misti and use for most Every card.

Sara Goetz-Gordon said...

Misti = perfection
These are gorgeous ❤

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH my, this is so beautiful, I love it!

Amy C. said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the vibrant colors.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the vibrant colors.

Unknown said...

So pretty. I love the pink background.

Angela Walters said...

This card is so pretty! I love the bright, happy colors you chose for it!

McStamper said...

Beautiful flower card. Love the colors you used.

StirYourCreativity said...

The dainty blooms and the soft blending looks surreal.

Sabrina said...

Love the background! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The ombre background is marvelous and love the pretty flowers and all the lovely colors !

Diana Hernandez said...

These anemones are gorgeous! Love the colors, so bright and vibrant. Beautiful card, tfs

Keiren Dunfee said...

Beautiful color choices here! Thanks for sharing!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a smart idea to laminate your guide, Amy! LOve my MISTI, and your gorgeous Anemones! xx
=]

Unknown said...

Love the colors!The background is perfect!!The background really makes the flowers stand out.Thank You for sharing your techniques.

Andre M. said...

I love the colours you used for your cards. A very vibrant and elegant look.

Karthikha said...

Wow! Such a pretty card! It brings a lot of happiness and cheer!

Sue D said...

Love the pretty colors.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a great floral set, love the composition of your card too!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Such a darling card! As always, I love so much how you use colors!!! <3

nonnacindy said...

Beautiful card. I agree I can't make a card without my Misti.

Serendipidade de Papel said...

Great colors for flowers!

Karen said...

Such a pretty card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails