Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You brighten my day!!!

Hi everyone! I'm here today with a fun, bright card for you using one of my favorite techniques:  Emboss Resist.  I absolutely love this technique!!  I'll take you through my steps at achieving this look.
My card uses stamps from Market Street Stamps.



Here is a photo of supplies you will need along with your heat tool.



You can start by using an embossing buddy to help remove any static from your cardstock but I did not use mine here.  Ink up your image of choice with Versamark and begin stamping your pattern.  It will be a bit hard to see.  Once you are finished stamping, sprinkle on white embossing powder over entire image and tape off the excess.  Heat image.  Here is what mine looks like just before embossing:



Now comes the fun part!  You get to be an artist!  I've used Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door Distress Inks to sponge on the ink working in a circular motion starting OFF your paper and working ONTO your paper.  This is important and will give you better blending results.  Here is Mustard Seed first.



Then Spiced Marmalade.


And finally Barn Door.


You just keep adding ink until you like the color.  You can make it darker or lighter just depends on what you like.  The final step is to use a paper towel to buff over the embossed images.  The embossed images will "resist" the sponged ink you've applied and really pop off the paper!!!

I also wanted to mention that I did use the "rock 'n roll" technique for stamping my sun.  I simply started by inking up with Mustard Seed first and then rolling the stamp in the Orange Marmalade. 

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you give this a try if you have any Distress Inks in your stash.  They are so much fun to work with!!
{You brighten my day}
Stamps:  Ain't No Sunshine (Market Street Stamps)
Paper:  SS White, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink:  Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door Distress Inks (Tim Holtz), True Black (PTI)
Dies:  Mat Stack 4 Die (PTI)
Misc:  Buttons (PTI), 1/4" Silk Ribbon (PTI), Foam Tape

19 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Amy this is gorgeous!! I love how you do this technigue! You are a pro at it! The colors are beautifuL!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amy! I love this color combo. Great technique tutorial too, tfs!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...

Angelica Suarez said...

This is simply stunning, Amy!! LOVE how you used the rock 'n roll technique on the sun, it is so warm and inviting!

Joyce said...

So fun and beautiful. And, thanks for the tutorial. I am ashamed to admit that while I had heard of this technique, I never really knew what it was. I am wondering if you must use Distress Inks, or if any inks would work?

Christina said...

This makes me so happy, Amy! So fun and cheerful, and a great tutorial, too. Thanks for sharing!

Audrey said...

Ya know, I have never tried this, but now I have too... such a great card. The colors are amazing! :)

Marisa said...

Great colours and a totally cute card! You have sunshine on the brain I see ;)

Geri said...

What a cheery card, Amy!! Love it!!

Marybeth said...

This turned out great! I have never used distressed inks, now I think I get it! Thanks for sharing your technique. Beautiful card ,Amy.

Renee said...

Fabulous...
as always! :)
And I've seen you use this technique before...
I'm so glad you gave instructions for us "technically challenged" ;)...
because it is gorgeous!!
Love it and will give it a try...
probably quite a few tries ;)

Kara said...

So cool!

Emily Keaton said...

Your card positively glows, Amy! This is a beauty. :)

Lynn said...

I love this technique too. It is so stunning!

Sharron said...

You've done a fabulous job with this technique! Love your card!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card and thanks for the tutorial on how to do this. You made it look so easy! Love the end results.

The Paper Parade said...

Wow! You made some seriously awesome paper! It goes perfectly with the sentiment. And I love that you just have half of the mat coming down from the top with the sun and sentiment, great layout!

Laurie said...

This is such a fun technique! I love what you did with it! The colors are so pretty!

Lee Anne said...

WOW! This is wonderful and those colors are so bright and vivid! Love the sentiment at the top!

Related Posts with Thumbnails