Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paint the Town with Market Street Stamps


Hi everyone!  Today a new Paint the Town color challenge has been issued over at
You have almost 2 weeks to get your card linked up for your chance at a sweet prize!!

Here are the gorgeous colors for March:



I had a little fun with this one.......using the EXCLUSIVE stamp from the February Market Fresh Kit that you can find HERE.  Isn't this Doily stamp just gorgeous??  Seriously, it's one of my favorite doily images yet.  (and I have quite a few doily images.......hehe)  This kit has so many goodies and gorgeous papers that you can make lots of scrapbook pages and cards from.  It's a great value and like I mentioned, you will receive this Doily stamp in your kit!


AmyPainttheTownMarch2012



I wanted to show you just exactly how I used this one stamp to achieve the look of 2 stamps.  It is reverse masking and it really isn't that hard to do.  I first stamped my doily in Navy.  Then take copy paper and punch a 1 3/4" circle.  This serves as your mask.  Simply lay this mask over the area you want to stamp and just stamp!  Here is a photo to show you.



Remove the mask from your focal image and this is what you are left with.  As you can see, I still got a little bit of the inner circle around my mask but never fear!  I always try to "fix" a mistake before starting over!  So, in my completed card, I simply die cut a banner and stamped a sentiment and it fits perfectly over my "mistake".  No one knows right??  :)



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I always enjoy your comments and hearing what you've been up to!
Have a great Wednesday!

{Congratulations}
Stamps:  Doily (Market Fresh Kit:  Market Street Stamps), Celebrate Cake (Market Street Stamps)
Paper:  Soft Stone, Vintage Cream (PTI), Night of Navy (SU)
Ink:  Night of Navy (SU), Ocean Tides (PTI)
Dies:  Flags and Tags Dies (Lil' Inker Designs), Linen Impression Plate (PTI)
Misc:  Navy button, Foam Tape, Oyster Baubles

15 comments:

Ted said...

Beautiful card, Amy! :) Thanks for the masking tip. :)

Aimes said...

Fabulous masking, Amy! I adore those doilies :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Annette Allen said...

absolutely beautiful...love it

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! I love how you masked it off to make it look like 2 seperate stamps!

Joyce said...

Very beautiful card, and clever masking trick.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing...your card is very beautiful.

Marisa said...

Brilliantly done, Amy! GREAT card! Loving all that white space and that little sentiment banner is perfect with the button on it. Have a great day :)

Lynn said...

Ahh...I love that you are showing us tutorials. This card is BEAUTIFUL Amy!

Kara said...

beautiful!! love the way you covered your mistake...i find a lot of creative things I never would have thought to do come from fixing mistakes!

Samantha Casey said...

How creative are you!!! Love this card and your technique... it's awesome!
-Sam

Mary-Anne V said...

This stamp is beautiful...thanks for the tutorial.

Renee said...

I'm so behind...
can you tell?
This Gorgeous!!!
Boo-boo and all :)
LOVE how smart you are to come up with an idea that covers it perfectly...
I'm not that smart...
I would have redone it!
And sitting here trying to come up with an idea because I have to...
it's NAVY!!!
My absolute favorite color in the whole wide world!! :)
And your card is just stunning!

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love those doilies!

Lisa B said...

I am so glad that I stopped by to leave a comment on your gorgeous card because now I got to see how you did it. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card and how you did it.

Lee Anne said...

Great tutorial and great colors. MSS is fast becoming my favorite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails