Saturday, March 31, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas {March Kit}

Hi everyone!  Here's to a great start to your weekend!  We start our baseball season this weekend at a baseball tournament out of town.  No sand this weekend but lots of sun to be had I'm sure!  Can't wait to see how the Bulldogs do on their first outing!



On to the March installment of the 12 Kits of Christmas!  This month our hostess was Suzanne from The Card Yard.  I had the pleasure of actually meeting Suzanne last year and she is such a sweet person with a fabulous accent!  Each month one of us send goodies out the others in the group and then we post our creations on a group post day!  Kind of a fun blog hop!  So let's see some simple Holiday cards I created with all the goodies Suzanne sent!  I only managed to squeak out 2 cards but there are oodles of stuff she sent that I didn't get to use.  I think what is so fun about this group is that we get to use products from other companies and try them out before we buy them!  Let's see what Suzanne sent out.....

MARCH KIT
{photo courtesy of Kara}



Here is my first card using a wonderful traditional image of Santa Clause and his reindeer called Santa's Flight from A Muse Studio.  I went with traditional colors and kept it simple.  What you can't see on the card is all the silver accents I added to the sleigh, stars, and reindeer.  Much better in person!




My second card uses an adorable folk artsy snowman image from Print Works.  Again kept it simple except for some Copic coloring.  I love how the image takes center stage and so I left it sentiment-less on purpose.  This could be used not only for Christmas but for a Thank You or just Winter Wishes. 



Well, you need to go check out the rest of the 12 Kits of Christmas blogs for tons of holiday inspiration!  We'll see you next month where we have another new hostess and some great new goodies to use!

Suzanne {The Card Yard}--March hostess

16 comments:

Marybeth said...

Amy where do you find the time? You have been so busy lately and making so many beautiful cards Both Christmas cards are adorable. The first one is so traditional, my kinda of card. Love the snowman and the beautiful way you did the ribbon and the bow at end. Enjoy your weekend!

Kim Heggins said...

Amy...both cards are amazing! I love the Santa and you did such a fabulous job coloring, just perfect but then that snowman is just too sweet and that green satin ribbon, just a nice touch.

Lynn said...

I love them both, but that sweet little snowman is fabulous! Your coloring is great.

Inkyfingers said...

Great samples Amy - I particularly love the cute snowman image.

Renee said...

You are unbelievable...
these are amazing! :)
I love that the snowman is versatile...
no sentiment and you can use it for whatever occasion comes along...
and so stinkin' cute on top! :)
They're both just fabulous...
as always! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Amy, your designs are brilliant! I love how the red background works with the red on Santa's coat - makes it just pop off the page and draws all your attention to him following the line of reindeer and ending on that red button! Really clever! Your snowman is the sweetest - I love your coloring and that big fabby bow. You have a great eye for color tying everything together perfectly. Well done!!

Kara said...

Great card, Amy! I love just the bit of color added to the first image. And that snowman is perfect and i love how you placed the bow!

Suzanne said...

Amy, you mastered the snowman. He absolutely defeated me. I tried him 4 different times and totally gave up. I love the single button accent on the first one too. I love them both!

The Paper Parade said...

Amy these are great! I just love your coloring on the snowman and the way you tied the bow coming out of the bottom of the image! And on the first you definitely let Santa and his reindeer shine through, this is what you think of when you think of traditional Christmas :)

Christina said...

These are beautiful, Amy! I colored up both of these images and then didn't know what to do with them, so you can bet I'll be CASEing your ideas! Love the simple button embellishments and the gorgeous bow on your second card. Thanks for the inspiration, girl!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards Amy. Your bow on the snowman card is gorgeous and the image is delightful.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, love what you did this month. I can't believe you pinked the edge of the red paper! What a smart choice. Wish I had thought of that. That snowman is so cute and we colored the snowman so similar withe the green vests. Fabulous cards Amy!

Jen Carter said...

These turned out cute! I like how the images are the central focus on each card!

Sharron said...

Hi Amy--hope baseball went well today! I love your cards--the Santa card is wonderfully done in red & black. The pinked edge and button make perfect accents. Your snowman is ADORABLE and so well colored--especially awesome ribbon treatment! FANTASTIC job this month!!

Kelly S. said...

That snowman is CUTE, Amy! Love the coloring and the sweet striped paper. The Santa card is super sweet, too. Love how his red coat just pops out at you!

Joyce said...

Two super sweet cards. I love the image in your first card--I chose that one, too. It really makes the card. And, your snowman is really darling all colored in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails