Monday, March 28, 2022

Papertrey Ink / The Great Cover Up

Roses2
Hi crafty friends!  
Dana and I are co-hosting today's post over on the Papertrey Ink blog for the feature "The Great Cover Up".  We love our Cover Plates and Border Bling Dies so our challenge is to use them!  They make for beautiful background whether you inlay (like Dana did) or use them for a backdrop for some of Papertrey's gorgeous Into the Blooms Dies.

I used the Border Bling: Blooming Hearts Die done in all white.  It has such fun whimsical border cutouts!  For my focal point, I began die cutting the pieces to the Into the Blooms: Roses.  They were inked up with various shades of the new Distress Oxide color Saltwater Taffy and Distress Oxide color Peeled Paint.  Once colored, they were all spritzed with water and then white pigment ink.  These two techniques really soften the look of the blooms!  After arranging the roses, a sentiment strip that was white heat embossed, with Inside Greetings:  Happy Hello, was added with foam adhesive.  To finish, white pearls were the perfect touch!

Roses

********************************
**Fun note--This card was actually made back when the roses were released but I just wasn't happy with it!  I set it aside and moved on.  Here, I deconstructed it (ripped the rose and leaves off) and the remade roses for a much softer, feminine look.  I love my second version so much more!

Roses3

--Amy ♥

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails