Hi! It's May 11 and we are ready for another Monthly Meetup Challenge over on the Lil' Inker Designs blog!
When the Cover-Up: Faceted die was released several months ago, my head was just spinning with ideas for this die! So today, I put one of those ideas on paper. I created my own stenciled background with this die with a technique I'm calling Stencil Masking! This die is perfect for this technique because it has a hidden shape!!!
I started by diecutting a Cover Up: Faceted panel, discarding the inside pieces, and then "masking" off the "hidden" heart within the faceted cutouts. My stencil mask was complete and ready for use!
I went for the ombre technique by sponging Picked Raspberry Distress Ink starting at the bottom with darker color and using a lighter hand as I worked up to the top of the heart. I filled in areas on my trimmed cardstock by rotating my stencil mask around as needed. This technique is SOO easy! My 9 yr old daughter says "that looks easy. Can I try?"
My sentiment is from All About Ampersand which has loads of mix and match sentiments that are perfect to stamp and cut. I simply stamped and trimmed down my sentiment as I only wanted it to say, "I LOVE YOU". This was mounted with foam adhesive to my stenciled panel. A scattering of Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh were added as a final touch.
Here's what you need to do to play along:
- Make a new project or share something you've been working on featuring LID goodies!
- Post this project to your blog or favorite gallery.
- Link your project to our challenge by using the InLinkz tool at the bottom of the post on the LID blog.
- You have through May 18th at 11:30 PM EST to link your project to be eligible to win a prize. Projects should exclusively feature LID goodies to be eligible to win but do not need to exclusively feature LID goodies to join our Meetup.
- This month's prize is a $50 gift certificate to Lil' Inker Designs!
- Winners will be announced in a new blog post shortly after May 18th. Have fun and we can't wait to see what you're working on!
Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!