The day has finally come for our very first Cutting Edge Challenge – to say that I am EXCITED is an understatement!!! I can’t wait for you all to play along, so let’s get to it, shall we?!
My inspiration: You Rock sentiment and color scheme
I have to say that when I saw Jackie's inspiration card for the first challenge, I knew exactly which die in my "stash" I would use. I decided to use this LARGE Die-Versions--"You Rock". When I purchased this die (and a few others some time ago), I was so excited but when it arrived I was disappointed because it was HUGE. I guess I should read the dimensions next time!
I decided to stamp a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper with Seeing Stars stamps from Simon Says Stamp with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. Next, I randomly spritzed my star panel with water and allowed it to bleed and run a bit. I allowed it to dry but I sped it up by using my heat tool. After diecutting my sentiment, I layered my negative and the sentiment over the top of my base card offsetting the sentiment just to the right. A few 4mm Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins were added for some bling!
We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
- The two winners of the $25 Avery Elle gift certificates are being announced;
- Our first Guest Designer, Kay Miller, is sharing her amazing take on the challenge;
- The first half of the The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty spectacular;
- The rules and regulations of the Challenge are listed; and
- The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!
Stamps: Seeing Stars (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: White (PTI), Island Indigo (SU)
Ink: Spiced Marmalade (Distress Ink)
Die: You Rock (Die-Versions)
Sequins: 4mm sparkling clear (Pretty Pink Posh)
Misc: Foam Adhesive