Thursday, December 5, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Out on a Limb

 
Here it is CAS-ual Fridays Challenge time again......this week its all about trees!!!
As I took the challenge......."parts" of trees....hehe
 
 
For this challenge, I decided I would use the Pine Sprigs Die from PoppyStamps to create my own festive swag.  I've layered a small stamped folded banner die from Simon Says Stamp over the top and added a coordinating twine bow. 
 
Tip:  Scoring a "frame" around an obvious focal point really adds interest to a layout.  Try it!
 
 
CFC 12.6.13  
 
This week's sponsor is Ellen Hutson so make sure you check the CAS-ual Fridays blog for prize details!!!
 
 
{PEACE & JOY}
Stamps:  Small Folded Banners Holiday (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Christmas Noel (AC), White (PTI), Gumdrop Green (MFT)
Ink:  Birch (Fresh Ink), Pure Poppy (PTI)
Dies:  Pine Sprig (PoppyStamps), Small Folded Banners (Simon Says Stamp)
Misc:  Twine, Foam Adhesive, Scor-Pal
 

16 comments:

Barb said...

Love how you framed the sprigs with your beautiful scoring, Amy! Gorgeous card!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Amy! This is gorgeous.

Joy said...

Beautiful, love the sprigs, gorgeous, hugs

sally said...

Love this! Really caught my I on the CAS inspiration post :-)

Sally

Lynn said...

I love how the twine bow lays on top of the sprigs. Gorgeous Amy!

Jennifer K said...

Great card! Love the scored frame - I always forget about that trick and it really makes the card.

Renee said...

Simply perfect! :)

Jingle said...

Amy, I absolutely LOVE this! I love everything about this card! Love!

Marybeth said...

Love the simple beauty of this gorgeous card!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful swag Amy - nicely accented by the scored frame!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I love the stamped background on the banner and the scoring!

Kim S said...

Love the pine sprig - it's so perfect with the patterned banner and the simple twine bow!

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Amy! Very striking!

Aimes said...

LOVE! :D

Jasleen Kaur said...

oh I love this card! love the red-green-white combo..so apt for the season. And that bundle of sprigs, adorable.
hugs, Jasleen.

Greta said...

Fabulous card! Love those branches & the scored lines!

Related Posts with Thumbnails