Thursday, August 20, 2009

KSU bound


I wanted to share a card today that is one of my favorite cards I've made this summer. It was made for a lovely young woman (our niece) heading off to college at KSU (Torey that's you!). Well, you see.....she is totally a KU fan!! She thinks she will be able to wear KU attire at KSU and not get beat up!! NOT!! We even bought her a KSU t-shirt to wear so that she would "fit in"....hehe. Anyway, here the card I made her for her high school graduation. I conveniently left off the "wildcat" stamp but HAD to make it purple!! Go KSU!! Well, Torey moves into Clovia house on the KSU campus this week. Have a great time....these will be the best years of your life!


I used several stamp sets here all of which are PTI. Just LOVE PTI!!!! Anyway, I used my Polka Dot Basics for the background in Fresh Snow ink and then went back over random dots with the outline portion in purple ink (I am trying to use my old SU inks....Eggplant Envy). The congratulations border was created using Around and About Sentiments layered over grey carstock. Now, onto those FABULOUS stars!! They were made using Everyday Classics stamp set from PTI.....yep the one you get when you purchase **enough** stamp sets in the qualifying year. I am an addict, I admit. Back to the rest of this card. That black star was embossed with versamark and SU Bedazzled Black embossing powder. (from my stash a long time ago) And couldn't forget buttons and a EK Success border punch!! Anyway, I just love this card and it will be a great layout to make in other colors!! Let me know what you think.....and thanks for visiting!!


Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Everyday Classics, Around and About Sentiments (PTI)

Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI), Eggplant Envy (SU), Versamark

Cardstock: Eggplant Envy (SU), misc grey and white

Other: Bedazzled Black embossing powder (SU), EK Success border punch, buttons, twine, pop dots

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails