Monday, September 24, 2018

Queen & Co. / Holiday Wishes Kit

Merry and Bright 

Hello!  Ornaments are a classic, holiday icon.  The Queen & Co. Holiday Wishes Kit which features 6 different ornament shaker die shapes, loads of adorable shaker toppings, festive paper pad, and stamp set filled with sentiments.

My first card uses 3 pattern papers from the Merry & Bright 6x6 paper pad.  They were layered over a white notecard.  My ornament shaker was created with adding the red/white candy toppings from the kit and finishing it off with a silver topper and twine bow.

Merry and Bright2

The stamp set included in the kit has many sentiments that can be stamped for a sentiment banner.  This is one of my favorite ways to add a sentiment!  To embellish, a few white Rubber Bubbles were added.

Supplies:

**************************************

Jingle all the Way

My second card is more interactive and features a "hanging" ornament through an opening in the front of the card.  I created my ornament with pattern paper from the Merry & Bright 6x6 paper pad so that when the card opens, both sides are "finished".  The ornament is more of a chipboard type element.  I die cut many ornaments and glued them together.

Jingle all the Way2

To create the notecard, a standard circle was die cut from both a white panel and the notecard itself.  This way I could string the ornament from the top and sandwich the ends between the layers for a finished look.  After adding a few score lines and a stamped sentiment, I lined the inside of the card with the fun retro striped paper.

Supplies:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails