Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Stamp Market / Florals Galore

Fun Florals

Hello! I am back for my second guest post for The Stamp Market.  I am just smitten for all the florals in May's release.  They are just beautiful and totally my style!  I had so much fun adding color to these florals for the two cards I have to share today!
The Stamp Market
This first card may just be my favorite floral card I've ever created!  I chose colors that exude happiness and spring.  I stamped all my flowers from Fun Florals in an array of dye inks from Altenew using my Misti for quick and easy stamping.  Once I had the layers all lined up, all I had to do was rotate my cardstock and could stamp the next color on each flower.  The leaves were stamped with Altenew green inks for layering.  

Fun Florals3

All my images were hand trimmed out and arranged onto a white top folding notecard.  Once I had them arranged where I wanted them, I used Press 'n Seal to keep them in place (to remove them) so I could stamp my sentiment.  I just love the font of the "friend" stamp (from Best Ever Greetings) and when done in bold black?  Bam.  It's just amazing.  For a little depth, I added a stamped "you're the bestest!" (which I love to say) on a tiny strip of white cardstock and added it with foam adhesive.  Next, I added liquid glue to the backs of my flowers and added them back to my layout.  By using the Press 'n Seal, you can see exactly where you want them placed.  Clear sparkling sequins were added to embellish.

Fun Florals2

***************************************************

My next card, I had fun using watercoloring with Distress Inks and the Pretty Peony stamps.  I started by creating a watercolor background using Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Picked Raspberry.  I used the smooshing technique and dried my watercolor paper between colors and layers.  I love how it turned out.  That being said, it was a bit bright so for my final layout, I did layer trimmed vellum behind my peonies.

Pretty Peony

I stamped my peonies in Versafine Onyx Black (it's good for watercoloring) and then used the same Distress Inks for watercoloring my flowers as I used for the background.  I did a loose watercolor not really paying attention to the lines much as I was going to trim these out anyway.  I did the same technique for the leaves but using Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.  


Pretty Peony2

The images were hand trimmed out and arranged onto my vellum/watercolor panel again using Press 'n Seal so I could position my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment (from Best Ever Greetings) with black StazOn ink onto my vellum panel.  For dimension, my panel and florals were adhered using foam adhesive.  I couldn't let it go without adding some clear sparkling confetti sequins.

Thank you so much for joining me this week as I shared some of this amazing release from The Stamp Market!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty florals! I'm especially loving the first one, I love those soft flowers and the arrangement.

Related Posts with Thumbnails