Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

RetroSketches

Hello!  Happy 4th of July!  We have celebrated for several days already but we have the BIG celebration tonight at our neighbors.  It's always great to spend time with neighbors and friends.  

I had some fun playing along with some challenges with my card today:  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes), Curtain Call (Cherry Bomb), and Retro Sketches (#221).

I've used lots of Reverse Confetti stamps including Color Me Happy, Because of the Brave, and Celebrations.  I started with using Color Me Happy with Versamark on Kraft cardstock.  It gave just the look I was going for without it being too busy!  I die cut several stars using the Seeing Stars Confetti Cuts actually leaving the stars together to die cut the star "frame".  My sentiments were stamped onto banners from Flowers For Mom Confetti Cuts.  Let's talk about that red "stitched" frame.  I used a standard rectangle die and cut a frame.  To make the stitching, I used the Edge Essentials Confetti Cuts around my frame!  To embellish for that 4th of July sparkle, I've added lots of Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

RetroSketches2









Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Looks awesome!

Mandy said...

Wonderful patriotic card Amy! It's so striking and such a lovely design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Amy! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Amy. Love those stars in different colors and the craft background. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card, Amy! Love the patriotic take on this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails