Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Just a quick post today to wish you all a Merry Christmas and holiday season!
I have been busy making my annual "food" goodies:  Oreo Truffles, Peanut Butter Balls,
Frosted Sugar Cookies, and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels.  YUM!!  All of which I love!
As you can see, I had a little help decorating these cookies!
I have soo enjoyed having my dear daughter helping me with these this year.


I have also been in notebook making mode the last couple of days or so
and wanted to share the notebook I made for my son's teacher this year for Christmas.

I used some of my favorite Tinsel and Twig papers from The Girls' Paperie......LOVE
this line of papers.  I'm going to find it hard not to use it but some of the papers can
be used for non-Christmas so you might see them on other cards too!



Don't you love the packaging?  I was inspired by Rhonda's blog here, that I had
to order some of these bags to wrap my notebooks in too!


I am running out of my red grograin ribbon.....{sigh}...because I have bought it in
the past from The Dollar Tree for $1 a roll and yes it matches perfectly to Pure Poppy.
My local store is out of it and while I can order it online, I'm not sure I'd use that much!


I just love all the little details you can put on these notebooks! 
Ah, the row of buttons strung with baker's twine from MS and
the little row of crocheted goodness.


Finally the whole ensemble gift to my son's teacher.  Does this card look familiar?
I posted it a while back and it goes perfectly with my cute notebook.


I have come to realize that the holiday is more about giving (I mean I've always known this
but this year it's really hit home).  So next year, there will be some changes
in our home as far as gifts my children get.  We always adopt
someone that is less fortunate at the holidays but we've decided to take it a step
further and give more next year.  My kids will do fine with this but it may
be a little hard at first when there aren't as many gifts under the tree.
Here's to a wonderful Holiday season and many thanks to you
for visiting my little part of blogland!
{Happy Holidays notebook/packaging}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Take Note, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers
Paper:  Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Rustic White, Tinsel and Twig (The Girls' Paperie)
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Haystack, Charcoal
Misc:  Baker's Twine (MS), Friendship Jar Label Die, Red Grograin Ribbon (Dollar Tree), Misc. Buttons, Limitless Layers Dies, Crocheted Trim (garage sale), Paper Doily

22 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Isn't it fun when your kids get old enough to help? The cookies look delish and I LOVE the teacher project! Merry Chrismtas!

Kara said...

love the packaging!

Sue Ann said...

Love it ....... the packaging is adorable!!! And the cookies sound YUMMO!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful notepad! so elegent, just love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your goodies (both the edible and non edible lol) look FABULOUS Amy! I hope that you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas!

Lindsay said...

Wow Amy! These look terrific! I love the cookies...yum! Your notebook and card are awesome! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous note pad Amy! Love all the details and what a great way to showcase the Girl's Paperie DP! Happy Holidays :)

Michele Gross said...

To me its just not a Christmas cookie unless little hands have done the decorating...and maybe a little frosting licking too :) Good stuff!
Love your projects-so warm and lovely!! You really do such beautiful work :)
Have a very merry Christmas!!

Kristin said...

Love those notebooks!! Yours is sooo great!! Beautiful job :-)

Lynn said...

Yummy...is all I can say about your cookies!! Love the notebooks and the delicious packaging! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas Amy!

Laurie said...

We have been baking too! Lots of yummy treats! Yours look great!! And that notebook is super cute!! I hope you are doing well! We haven't had a chance to talk in way too long!! Talk soon!

Terri said...

The cookies look yummy. The notebook is great. Love that PP you used too. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Nerina said...

Merry Christmas Amy and every blessing to you and yours for the New Year :0)! The cookies look amazing - like something out of a recipe book, and your notebook is gorgeous!

Agus said...

love the notebook! as well as the packing!! Merry Christmas!
Agus

Jen Carter said...

Those cookies are so cute!! Looks like tons of fun! I love your notebook! That is so elegant! LOVE how you wrapped it, beautiful presentation! And the notebook itself...wow! Love the row of buttons with twine, the sheet music, the lace! Everything is so pretty!

~Tammy~ said...

I don't know where to start...so awesome about adopting a family! We have done this and it just makes the heart feel warm all over! Can I be your son's teacher because I love the goodness you creat! :-) Cookies...YUMMY! You have all my favs listed (especially Peanut Butter Balls) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Amy......Beautiful notepad! I do the same thing with giving to a family and it does make your heart feel good.....and that's the best feeling in the world!

Katie said...

Great packaging on a perfect notebook! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!

DF said...

This is beautiful! Lovely gifts, lovely card. I love the colour combination, and the embossing. Very classy.

Lisa Petrella said...

Looks like you and your little helper did a fantastic job on those treats! And what a gorgeous package you created for your son's teacher!!! Love the color combo and all of the details! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Your notebook and card are gorgeous!

jen said...

Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails