Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Valentine??

No, I don't have another LOVE card for you today although I have been enjoying making them!
When I saw the current color challenge for Color Throwdown,
I knew I needed to create a holiday card with these colors and get back into the season!



My flowers were die cut on the red cardstock and discarded.  The Joy flower is stamped on
white cardstock behind the red layer.  Fun technique!
The red layer was also ran through my Big Shot with the Linen Impression Plate
for just a little bit of texture but it's hard to see here.



Going to keep this short .........got lots to do today!!!

****I'm sending this over to the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week All Occasion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Today is the last day to play along!****

{JOY}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Signature Series: Flower
Paper:  Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Stampers Select White, Dark Chocolate
Ink:  Pure Poppy
Misc:  Signature Series: Flower Die, White Satin Ribbon, Silver Pearls (M's), Upper Crest Border Punch (Fiskars), Linen and Canvas IP

11 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is so fun! I love how you cut the dicuts out and then stamped underneath! I really like the touch of green at the side as well!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just love the clean and elegant simplicity! Love how you used the flower die cut and those 3 little sparkles on the bottom. Very pretty! :)

Rhonda said...

Just perfect!! Love the simple design.

Christina said...

So cute, Amy! I love the look of stamping through a die cut, and look at that perfect bow! I haven't played with this die and stamp yet, so I'll have to do that soon!

BethieJ said...

Amy I LOVE it.. such a pretty card!!
Happy Holidays!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amy! Thanks again for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions All Occasion challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Stephanie said...

Amy........This is just stunning! I have yet to use this stamp/die and you made it look so easy! Just gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Super fun Amy! I love the window technique! Your bow is perfect.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is really beautiful! I love how you've cut the flower out of the top layer - lovely!

Laurie said...

Love the diecuts and the stamp! Such a fun card! The pearls in the corner and so cute! Love all the details!

Katie said...

What a great idea to use the negative space of the die cuts...and the strip of punched Dark Chocolate is a great touch as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails