Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wilson Designs: Release Day 1

Hi everyone!  Today is the day you've been waiting for.......some projects using the newest stamp sets in the Wilson Designs lineup!  Remember this month we are releasing 2 new sets!  I have several photos to share so sit back and enjoy!  Please scroll down to view all of my cards!!

First up, I used some of the musical note images for a sweet little set of 3 x 3 cards. CAS....easy!



My next card uses more of these musical images in what Kim likes to call a "mix-up" card to show how easy it is to use your existing Wilson Designs stamps with the new released sets. Here I've used the ringed circle background from Everything's Owlright.



I fussy cut a guitar and then broke out my Glossy Accents. I added this over just the black portions of the stamp. Totally reminds me of a this guitar my husband has that he got signed by numerous artists when he went to the Country Cares for St.Jude Kids seminar. It was supposed to be given away but the winner never picked it up! The radio station did some cleaning and found it and sent it home with him. Anyway, here is a close-up of the Glossy Accents....it added so much dimension and shine!



Here is a card using a basic background image from one of stamp sets........Polka Dots!!  The main image will be revealed tomorrow.  Oh how I love polka dots!!!  You will be seeing this on a lot of things......it's just the right size to ink up and soooo EASY to line up!!



Now, I wanted to point out why my polka dots look "distressed".  I inked up my polka dots and then drug the stamp across the ink pad.  It then gave it that distressed look when stamped!  I love it!  Here is a close-up of what I'm talking about.  I just love little tips like this to give your stamps some new life!

For my flower, I die cut some scalloped circles using some dies from PTI.  Stamped them with the sentiment "You go girl" over and over, added some more black distressing, crumpled them up to fray the edges just a bit, and added a huge grommet from my stash.  Another CAS card!!



Finally, a card that I LOVE using another basic background image.......Houndstooth!!  Here I measured with my score pal to determine the width of the scor-lines.  I then scored........this made it super easy to stamp that Houndstooth image to create these strips.  However, I don't want you to worry....Kim designed this stamp so it is very easy to line up if you choose to stamp it to make a continuous background.



Here is the close-up version to see the button and twine details.  Talk about CAS!!  I LOVE this.....but hey, I already said that, didn't I?  This is also my "mix-up" card......I used the Father's Day sentiment from
Nauti-Cool.


 Alright, what do you think?  Are you excited to see the full release?  I can't wait to show you my final projects using the main images from BOTH of these sets tomorrow!!  Make sure to stop by the rest of the DT blogs for more inspiration and to comment because there will be some stamps up for grabs to some lucky commenters!!!  See you tomorrow at 6pm PST!



{A quick note}
Stamps:  Wilson Designs
Paper:  SS White (PTI)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Misc:  Scor-Pal

{Lets Rock}
Stamps:  Wilson Designs
Paper:  SS White, Pure Poppy, True Black (all PTI)
Ink:  Pure Poppy, True Black (all PTI)
Misc:  Foam Tape, Glossy Accents

{You go girl}
Stamps:  Wilson Designs
Paper:  Hisbiscus Burst, Rustic White (all PTI)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Misc:  Ruffled Ribbon (HL), Beautiful Blooms Dies (PTI), Black Grommet

{Happy Father's Day}
Stamps:  Wilson Designs
Paper:  SS White (PTI)
Ink:  True Black, Charcoal Palette (both PTI)
Misc:  Scor-Pal, True Black Buttons (PTI), Oyster Divine Twine

25 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!
Love them all...
but you had me with the note card set :)
They are all super fabby...
the pink polka dot is awesome!
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Tenia Nelson said...

So lovin' your cards Miss Amy!!! The baby's almost here...July 6....can't wait and I am doing pretty good!!! Hope all is well with you!!!

Sue Ann said...

FANTASTIC ........ LOVE IT ALL!!! The red open circles on the one card is just the PERFECT touch. Always beautiful just like you:)

Lindsay said...

Awesome awesome projects Amy! Love those mini cards and I really like the guitar card, fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

Beautiful cards, Amy! LOVE that houndstooth and your bit of Glossy Accents on the guitar! The perfect finishing touch!

Laurel said...

Super cute! I LOVE the new background builders and the rock set is really neat!

~Tammy~ said...

I love everything you did with the set! It's always so fun when we release and see what we each did with the sets! :-) One thing I am really missing is my scorepal, and seeing your fabulous use of scoring always makes me slap forehead and say dang...wish I had it!!!

Jen Carter said...

You are seriously so creative!! My favorite of the 3 is the Father's Day card!! LOVE how CAS it is! Great design! The pink card is also creative on how you used the sentiments for the flower! Makes it so versatile! All of the cards are wonderful!

Lee Anne said...

Wow! All of your samples are awesome - you have been busy, busy, busy! I love the scoring with the houndstooth, the circles with the guitar and the simple design of your note cards. I hope I win these sets! That's be awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABBO CAS cards Amy! Love them all!!! Hugs ~S~

Amber Sheaves said...

I really, really love all these cards. I think this is the most excited I've been for a release!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wonderful inspiration! I love the glossy touch you added too :)

Brandi said...

Amy,
Those background stamps are awesome. You can use them on any card. I just love the Father's Day card you created. It is my fav!
Brandi

Keva said...

Wow, Amy. These cards are fabulous!!! Each one of them is truly outstanding. Love it!!!

Unknown said...

Wow - so many great things going on here! That glossy guitar is just AWESOME - I love the distressed polka dots - and the houndstooth treatment is my favorite thing of all. Amazing, Amy!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Fab CAS cards!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Love your set of little 3 x 3s (I love that size - so cute), and the red, black and white color combo of your CAS guitar card too, simple but striking!

Jenny said...

such pretty cards Amy! I love what you did with this set!! i saw it when i was visiting Kim and I loved it!! :D :D HUGS!

Karenladd said...

Super cards...and I especially love the one with the guitar and the glossy accents! Great idea! Loving the houndstooth design!

kasia c. said...

Amy! Fabulous! Every single one!
I love love love the one with the guitar, and that houndstooth background is certainly calling my name. :)

take care
{hugs}

Emily Keaton said...

Great cards! Can't wait to see the full sets. :)

Dana said...

Amy these peeks are perfect! I want them all now!
I really like those tiny notecards and I LOVE that Father's Day houndstooth one. Yum!

Lisa Petrella said...

WOW! What a FUN collection of cards, Amy!! Lovin' the CAS style of all of them! I especially LOVE the flower you created in the pink and black card and the red circles in the background of the guitar card!!! Awesome work!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Tammy! Love your cards today! Such fun designs! I love that houndstooth and great way to use the crcor lines to make it easier!

Jill Norwood said...

Such gorgeous cards! Those little music notecards are so fun! And love your shabby polka dots! Great tip! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails