Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends out there!  We are heading out of town to have a late lunch with my MIL and the rest of the family.  So this is quick today..........My card has been a work in progress for several days and thus missed the deadline for the CR84FN challenge this past week.  :(  Anyway, I love how it turned out and wanted to share it here.  I did use the sketch from Mojo Monday for this card as well.  Lots of layers but kinda fun to do after all the CAS cards from my last posts!  This is for my MIL and she will LOVE it!  She recently showed me that she keeps all of them in a book.  This means the world to me! 

Here is the sketch: 




I finally broke out my new Verve goodies I ordered right after the release!  I am in love with this floral set and matching dies!  These dies are very easy to use especially with the little clear positioning tool that's included.  And did I mention that they come in their own little pouch?  Julee has thought of everything!



Happy Mother's Day!  I may be back later in the day with another post and to update my supply list!

{Happy Mother's Day}
Stamps:  Bloom and Grow (Verve), FF #4 (PTI)
Paper:  Lemon Tart and Kraft (PTI), Emma's Shop Collection (Crate Paper)
Ink:  True Black, Dark Chocolate, Chamomile Tea Dye (all PTI), Haystack Palette, Yellow ink (SU)
Misc:  Sewing Machine, Floral Circles Dies (Verve), Elegant Leaves (Verve), Nesties (Spellbinders), Brads (HL), Button Twine (PTI), Open Scallop Border Dienamic (MFT), Double Ended Banners Die (PTI), Foam Tape

18 comments:

Renee said...

Happy Mother's Day! :)
This is truly gorgeous...
I would love it and keep it as well...
it's stunning!
What a lucky MIL you have...
and how lucky for you that she treasures your gifts!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! My MIL is visiting for 2 weeks to help w/ the boys so we're enjoying a day at home.

Love the neutral colors on your beautiful card! I like the trio of brads in the flower centers that you balanced on the banner as well - cool!

Marisa said...

Way to flash some Verve flower goodness! Great take on the Mojo sketch and a lovely card!

Lynn said...

Happy Mother's Day Amy! Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors you choose and the Verve stamps are delicious!

Keva said...

This is, as always, gorgeous! I, too, missed the deadline and I have no idea how that happened! Love the Verbe flowers and the fussiness of the card! I love fussy!!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous card Amy! The colours are fabulous, and you totally rocked that sketch. :)
You do all types of cards SO SO SO well!
Happy Mother's Day to you.
sending you a really big HUG!

Suzanne said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy! I hope you've had a great day!

This card is so stunning. I just love it. The Verve images are great, and your color combo is beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love all these beautiful layers, Amy! Hope your Mother's Day was great :)

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Amy! Great muted colors and fabulous details! Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

Emily Keaton said...

This is beautiful, Amy! I just love the yellow and kraft combo!!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is stunning, Amy! LOVE all your perfectly thought-out layers and embellishments and all that scrumptious stitching!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Really stunning card, Amy! Beautiful colors. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day :-)

Christina said...

Amy, this is so gorgeous! I am in love with those Verve flowers, just haven't been able to order them yet. They look fabulous on your card. Love the way you tied the label and all of the fun stitching. Happy belated Mother's Day!

~Tammy~ said...

Amy, I would love to see your craft room because I can't imagine where you store all your goodies you get You just have the best selection of goodness! This card is so beautiful and perfectly placed! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it, and I am so glad you didn't have to work! :-)

Laurie said...

WOW! So pretty! I see you did a little verve shopping too! Those flowers are so fun! I love your color combo here!

Debbie Carriere said...

Amy, this is beautiful - love the colors!! How sweet that your MIL keeps your cards :) Thanks for playing with us at Mojo Monday!

Jen Carter said...

Goodness, how did I get so far behind on your posts? This is so beautiful! Love the flowers and the vine lots (although I have to admit that I am slightly surprised you like this die since it didn't cut each leaf, lol!) The gingham and kraft look fantastic with this too! You should enter this in CASual Fridays challenge too for the text!! So pretty!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so beautiful! Love your soft colors and those layered flowers. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails