Sunday, May 8, 2011

NSD Challenge #5: Kid's Craft

Hey everyone!  I'm here with a card I made for a challenge yesterday but due to some planned activities I couldn't post until now!  I am on a blog group called the Papertrey Paper Dolls and one of my fellow Dolls, Laurie from Hiding in My Craft Room, issued several challenges yesterday for National Scrapbooking Day!  One of the ones I chose to participate in was the "Kid's Craft" challenge.  I had to make a birthday card anyway for a birthday party my son was attending yesterday so this was perfect! 



What is it with boys and video games anyway?  I mean we had to buy my son's friend Pokeman cards.  I don't understand Pokeman at all and don't intend to.  Don't get me wrong........I love playing my DS when I get time but I prefer something like Sally's Salon or Cake Mania!  :)  But isn't this PTI stamp set perfect for those gamers in your life?  This $5 set will get lots of love in my house!!


This is also for one of the Papertrey Paper Dolls challenges that are ALWAYS open over on our blog. 
Katie issued us a challenge to use only scraps from our scrap bin to make a card!  Well folks, all these pieces were in mine!  Even the blue card base! 

Did any of you enjoy National Scrapbooking Day with any fun activities?  I did get to go to my LSS yesterday for a free Make 'n Take and everything was 20% off!  Whahooo....can't beat that!  I picked up some yummy new DP collections that you will start to see on my cards soon! 
{HB2U}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Boy Basics: Game On
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Bitty Box Basics, SS White, Spring Moss
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Charcoal Palette
Misc:  Simple Circles Border Die, Circle Punches (EK Success), Foam Tape (3M)

13 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cool card, Amy!!

Lynn said...

Awesome card Amy! I'm sure your son and his friend loved it! Is your son into nin-jaga now? I have no idea how it is played either, but my boys are addicted!

Keva said...

This is so cute, Amy. Love the colors and layout. Really cool!

Renee said...

Can't explain boys and video games...
even the Dink thinks he's a super man on the Wii or a DS :)
But really cool card...
love the colors...
and how you used scraps for all of it!

Unknown said...

All scraps? I can't believe it! This is such a great design. Love how you used the circle border with punch-out sentiments, and the stamping on the grid paper :)

kasia c. said...

Ooooh, I love this! The colour combo is fantastic and I LOVE that greay background paired with the circle border. Perfect!!

Lindsay said...

What a fun card Amy! Love your use of this set. Perfect!

~Tammy~ said...

Fun Card Amy, and I can't wait to see what you create with your new DP!

Laurie said...

Amy this is a fun card! I love the color combo! Great boy card for sure! This is yet another set I have not inked up yet! LOL!

Jen Adcock said...

Noice! This is too cool. Love your use of this thrifty set and die. What awesome crafty instinct you have. I definitely need to give this a go.

Jen Carter said...

Isn't it nice to have such a perfect set for a boy's birthday! Love how you used it with the circle die and that you stamped in gray ink! Very fun!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Amy! Thanks so much for joining me for NSD!! Head back over to my blog and leave your information because you were chosen as the winner!! I hope you're as excited as me! I finally know a winner!! Again thanks for playing!

Kristin said...

1. congrats on winning :)
2. LOVE this... i love it win i have both the set AND the die!! perfect... so i'll be cas'ing this for my son/dh :) hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails