Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Laurie! Blog Hop

Today is a very good friend of mine's birthday.........Laurie.  Some of her friends and I are celebrating with her today by hosting a birthday blog hop in her honor!  Laurie is such a talented stamping friend and I mean talented!  You need to check out her blog but I'm sure you already have because she is "Royalty"!  :) 

I knew what I wanted to do for my card for her birthday blog hop today.........CASE one of her cards she's sent me.  She recently sent me this special card when I was feeling down and it has set on my counter since then and I get to look at it every day!  One of Laurie's favorite colors is RED so what better to use than red on a birthday card for her. 

Here is my Laurie CASE:


Laurie, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for being such a great friend.  I so enjoy talking to you and even better getting together in person!  I know that isn't possible as much as we'd like due to the distance but I think of you as one of my best friends.  Here's to having a wonderful birthday today!

Now, go check out the other friends that are celebrating Laurie's birthday with me!


26 comments:

Keva said...

Ohhhhh....Amy, this is SO beautiful! Love the colors and the layout. Just gorgeous!

Sue Ann said...

Of course so beautiful and true Laurie style. I love the colors and the CAS layout of this beauty!! LOVE IT!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is a STUNNER, Amy!! Gorgeous!!

Eva said...

Amy...this is such a gorgeous card..love everything about it!

Brandi said...

Amy,
What a sweet blog hop! I just love the red pop on your card. Laurie is one lucky girl.
Brandi

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card for Laurie and perfect for her in her favorite color!!!

Laurie said...

AMY!!! WOW! Thank you so much! I loved reading your post and I am so glad we found each other! You are am amzing friend and I am so lucky to have you!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love those red flowers and that bow! AND the background! My fave!! Thank you again!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Amy!! I love this card!! So very pretty!

Sara Mac said...

Amy, I'm so in love with this card! Now I have to CASE you on this one. I love everything about it, especially how you used a partial Mat Stack 1 die cut. HB to Laurie!

Jen Carter said...

Amy this is gorgeous! I love the stamp choice of course!! The red ribbon and background are all so pretty!! Oh, and the but off frame, I really like how that turned out!

Lindsay said...

This is fabulous Amy! LOVE the colors and that ribbon, divine!

Kim O'Connell said...

Fabulous! Very striking!

nancy said...

This is an elegant card, Amy. It is such a wonderful mix of you and Laurie, making for a perfect birthday card.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love the colors...
and that background is amazing!

tfiskers said...

LOVE love the card!!! Ohhh makes me want to break retro backgrounds......happy birthday!

Jen Adcock said...

Good Googamooga! Amy this is fabulous! I love the ribbon as it really looks and feels like an extension of the blooms on the branches. Very cool! So perfect!

Marion said...

Such a pretty card...just in the style of Laurie! I am sure she will love it!

Kara said...

so pretty!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Amy. The colors are perfect. :o)

Barb said...

Absolutely stunning, Amy... definitely a Laurie card! LOVE the kraft, brown, red & white combo :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a beautiful way to honor your friend, Amy!

Lee Anne said...

Fun blog hop theme and a beautiful card too! Love the background stamping and the scoring!

kasia c. said...

Oh my! This is just stunning. The colour combo is fab, and I love how you featured the background stamping inbetween 2 scored lines. GORGEOUS!

kasia c. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Petrella said...

SO PRETTY! LOVE the layout, the white background stamped on the kraft, the crinkly ribbon, and the POPS of red!!!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Amy! Simple, but elegant. You even used Laurie's favorite color combination! I bet she'll love it as much as i do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails