Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary.

Well friends, Wednesday was my anniversary.............15 years.  I had no trouble making a card for this occasion especially armed with this Paper Smooches stamp set, Boob Tubes.  Oh my how my friend, Jen, and I have had a chuckle over that name!  I was fortunate enough to win this set and soo glad that I did!

But may I go back to how my hubby and I met?  At a bar.  Yes.  The theme at the bar:  Country.  Enter me.  College student that borrowed her friends Roper boots and jeans.  White jeans.  (If you know me, I'm not a country attire wearing kinda gal at all!)  Well, let's just say I returned those jeans and they had a *few* grass stains from my "stumbling" after the night at the "Rock" (the name of the bar).  Enough about that.  :)  Anyway, we dated for 4 years and in May 1996, we finally tied the knot!  I can't believe it's been 15 wonderful years! 

Well, if you know my husband, this card is right up his alley!  Totally him.  :)



CAS.....he loved it!  :) 
I was going to post a pic but alas.....don't have a scanner!  My pics are that old!  hehe  Maybe next year!!



Wee Memories challenge this week was to Stamp It!  So pretty much anything goes if it's stamped! 
Paper Sundaes challenge is to Pop It Up!  So I have 2 layers of dimension here on my little ole TV.
And then a great group of ladies who I do call my friends in blogland......The Papertrey Paper Dolls.  This week's challenge was issued by Sara from The Unhurried Life.  What great timing!  Her challenge was to make either a wedding card OR an anniversary card! 

I do hope you all have a wonderful loooooonnnnnnggggg Memorial Day weekend!!!

{You turn me on}
Stamps:  Boob Tubes (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  SS White, Bitty Dot DP (PTI), Emma's Shoppe Collection (Crate Paper)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Misc:  Copics, Foam Tape

37 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a perfect anniversary card - so sweet and cool at the same time! Big congrats too!

Jenny said...

Such a cute card. Having that embellishment 'popped' up looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Renee said...

First...
Happy Anniversary!!!
Second...
so incredibly adorable...
I LOVE it!
It's perfect!
And love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married and I will have 19 years next month...
we've never given each other a lovey-dovey-mushy card to one another in all that time...
and I would be very suspicious if he ever did :)

Renee said...

First...
Happy Anniversary!!!
Second...
so incredibly adorable...
I LOVE it!
It's perfect!
And love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married and I will have 19 years next month...
we've never given each other a lovey-dovey-mushy card to one another in all that time...
and I would be very suspicious if he ever did :)

Christina said...

This is such a fun set and card. I love the woodgrain look of the TV! Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

Lynn said...

Perfect card! Absolutely adorable! A big happy anniversary wish to you and your dear hubby! Wishing you many, many more happy years together...and yes...enjoy the LONNNNNNNGGG weekend!

Keva said...

I love this little set and I've been thinking and thinking about buying it. The card is so neat. Love the woodgrain look on the TV. Really awesome. Happy Anniversary!

Emily Keaton said...

This card is totally fun, Amy!! Love how you used the wood. And how lucky you were to win this set--cool!!

Eva said...

Awww....the card is so cute! Congrats to the both of you!!

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary Amy! Love the bar story, hehe! This card is super fabulous, great job!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Happy Anniversary, Amy! Love your card CAS design. Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories. :)

Kristin said...

Love the stamp set name and your card too! It is so stinkin' adorable. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love this CAS card and I'm sure your hubby did too! Love the layers and Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Jen Carter said...

LOL!! We have had a lot of fun laughing about this set...that is on my wish list I might add!! :)

This is super cute! Love the woodgrain TV and the CAS layout!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous!! Love it and I'm sure your hubby will too :) Love the story about how you met. Happy Anniversary to you :)

Sara Mac said...

Amy, this is such a fun card! My hubby would love it too. Congrats on your 15th anniversary!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Hello! Total cute and CAS excellence! Cute story. Our stories are similar (minus the grass stains) ha!

Shelly said...

Hee Hee so fun!
TFS
Shelly
mypaperlove.blogspot.com

farmhouse-story said...

this is just too cute, amy! the more i see paper smooches, the more i love them:) and happy anniverrsary!

Sue Ann said...

AWWW I love this ....... and I love that you met at a bar, my kinda gal!!! I love Love stories!!! The card is just beautiful and I KNOW he just loved it!!!

Brandi said...

Amy,
Happy 15th anniversay! I just love the story about how you guys met. So funny! Don't you wish there were tide pens back then to get the grass stains out! LOL! Very cute card! I crack myself up about the name as well. Call it an immaturity thing but it is pretty funny!
Brandi

Lee Anne said...

This is precious! Love the green "carpet" and the popped up heart! So cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute, Amy! I love this... and happy anniversary! :D

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Andrea M said...

Holy Schinkes! This is totally AWESOME! Love the card - the sentiment is fantastic! Ok, I really need some paper smooches stamps!

Thanks so much for your awesome comments!!!

Terri said...

Very cute. Happy Anniversary!

Suzanne said...

Amy, I love it! I love the polka dot paper and that stamp set is so cute! It's so perfect - happy anniversary!!!

Gretchen Clark said...

super cute :)

Dana said...

Amy! I loved reading about how you guys met...sweet and funny too. Your card is darling.Happy, Happy anniversary.

Kara said...

how sweet is this.....loove the tiny tv and the sentiment..;)

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is adorable! Love the puny sentiment. Thanks for the chuckle!

Denise said...

I really want this set - I'm not sure why I keep post-poning. It is SO cute! HUGS to you, Amy - thanks so much for always being so positive and sweet. ;)

Alice said...

absolutely fabulous! love love the CAS design! super card, Amy!

Christine said...

This card couldn't be cuter, I love it! I've linked this up on Practical Scrappers today!

Linda Beeson said...

Totally adorable! The woodgrain pattern is the best!

Anita Rex said...

Congrats on 15 years!!! WOW! What a great card for your hubby! I love the CAS and that it's a longer card too! :>

Kristin said...

This is so awesome!! I love the name of the set and the CAS card. And congrats on 15 years... marriage really is wonderful :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails