Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Curtain Call Act {69}

On Sunday I JUST needed to work on my kid's Valentines and make my daughter's friend Valentines but when I saw this week's Curtain Call inspiration photo/colors, I just HAD to make one more Valentine!  Besides, Laurie, one of my best stamping friends is the Guest Designer this month. 



I am having a lot of fun mixing and matching different elements and layers.....not sure if it's vintagy or not but I like it!  This one uses Heart Prints stamped in 2 different red inks.......Pure Poppy and Ruby Red (SU). 



I used my Top Note die for the center piece and it was made using the letterpress technique and Dark Chocolate ink.  (My friend Laurie does this all the time with the IP's from PTI)  I think the hardest part of this challenge was to use both vanilla and white so I layered my red piece on white cardstock and added a white seam binding bow with a white stick pin.  You don't know how much I wanted to use more of my distress inks on these!  :)



This past week has been soo busy with releases for WD and then the PTI Anniversary week with challenges galore, I may step back and slow down but we'll see!  Have a great day!
{Cherish, Hugs & Kisses)
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Heart Prints
Paper:  Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Rustic Cream
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Ruby Red (SU), Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick Distress Inks (Tim Holtz)
Misc:  Music IP, Top Note Die (SU), White Seam Binding (Prairie Bird Boutiques), Pure Poppy Button, Baker's Twine (The Twinery), Heart Punch (EK Success), Limitless Layers Dies, Corner Chomper, Stick Pins (Little Yellow Bicycle), Foam Tape

23 comments:

Dana said...

Amy you did a great job of combining white and cream, and I love the music BG and the heart pins!

Laurel said...

What a pretty card love the pins!

Keva said...

This is totally cute, Amy! I love how you integrated the colors. So fabulous!

Lindsay said...

Sooo lovely Amy! I love all of the details! I keep forgetting to get that music background! You make it look so fabulous on your cards!

Christina said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! The Top Note looks fabulous with the music score. Love those heart pins, too! Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Amy! Love how you used the colors and that seam binding bow looks fabulous! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Exquisite card Amy!!!

Sue Ann said...

I love the impression on the top note die ....... PERFECT. I would never be able to do this challenge because I am challenged in this area just in my house .... I always feel like something white looks dirty if something vanilla is with it ..... I need help:)

Karen said...

You did a great job, it's a very pretty card! I love the stick pins.

Kara said...

love the cluster of hearts!

Danielle said...

Beautiful! I especially love those pins.

Jen Adcock said...

What a lovely, love-filled card Amy. Just super. I really like how you combined the white and vanilla as that is no easy feat. The seam binding bow with the button and heart pins is so sweet. Brava!

Mad for Paper said...

I love your cluster of hearts. that IP looks so fantastic, I think I need to add it to my list.
TFS
Ang

Michele Gross said...

Amy its gorgeous!! So lush and elegant with the pretty pins and delicious ribbon :) Way to rock those colors!!

Unknown said...

so beautiful!!!!

Sue Plote said...

Amy, this is beautiful! It's easy to see why you'd want to do one more Valentine. The challenge is great, and you created a great card...I specially love the music on the top note!

~Tammy~ said...

Call it what you want, but I want to see more of it! :-) Beautiful as always! There are so many fun elements to this I like! I am loving those stick pins...ugg I have looked for cute goodies, but there are no local SBS here. Anyway, love love love!

Vickie Z said...

Love it! Great use of the colors. Love the top note die with music and all those hearts!! Bow and stick pins are perfect!

DF said...

Beautiful! Love how your letterpress background turned out, and the amount of distressing is just perfect. :)

Jen Carter said...

Ewwwww, isn't this pretty! I just love how the white ribbon with the big red button is the focal point (for me anyway) and the rest just works to compliment it! Your hearts are such a fun grouping too! I bought this set and it is still in the case...need to get it out!

Jean Martin said...

AMY!!! This is sooo adorable!!! So glad you could join us at Curtain Call Color Challenge! :)

Kim O'Connell said...

You got the lead! Congrats! Worthy win! Such a beautiful card!

Erum Tasneem said...

totally adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails