Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PDCC#64 and Card Patterns Sketch 98

Hi everyone!  I'm back today after a long extended weekend due
to Martin Luther King Jr. day.  I was away with my hubby this past weekend
on a short trip to Memphis, Tennessee.  He is heavily involved with St.Jude Hospital
through a radio-athon at the radio station he works for.  He had the
opportunity to spend some time at St.Jude and with some patients to learn
more about what this fantastic organization is all about and what it can offer kids!
I, on the other hand, wasn't able to attend so I did a little sight-seeing while
he was busy with meetings.  I had the opportunity to go to the Civil Rights Museum
there in Memphis.  My goodness.....what a history lesson that was!
This museum is located at the Lorraine Motel where MLK was assassinated and
they have preserved the rooms at the hotel as they would have been that day.
Let's just say that I now have a better understanding of why we celebrate MLK day
here in the US.  If you get the chance, you must go tour this museum there in Memphis
as well as maybe take in some blues music at BB Kings, eat some BBQ, ride the
trolley, and take in some local shopping!

Alright, back to the regular scheduled programming here on the blog!

First:  the color inspiration from Play Date Cafe by Julie


Then:  the sketch from Card Patterns by Nina



Here is my card using these fantastic challenges!


I have had these pins in my stash for a LONG time and they worked
perfectly with these colors!



I'd love to hear what you think!  Here's to a great week!
Thanks for stopping by!

{Thank You So Very Much}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Four of a Kind, Fancy Flourishes, Delightful Dahlia
Paper:  Kraft, Aqua Mist, Rustic White
Ink:  True Black, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream, Haystack Pallette
Misc:  Stick Pins (Jillibean Soup), Banner Border Dies, Limitless Layers 1, Corner Rounder, Aqua Mist Saddle Stitch Ribbon

34 comments:

Keva said...

Such a cool sketch. I might have to try that one. The card itself is adorable!! Love those pins and your panels are perfect.

Kara said...

beautiful...love the colors and those stick pins are awesome!!

Sue Ann said...

WOW WOW WOW .... this is so beautiful and the colors that you used are just perfect!!! I love the pins ..... I am always looking for them..... I found some for Christmas but I need MORE!!! Truly Lovely Amy!!!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Amy! Oh my where do I begin! It's just beautiful! My hubs is the News Director at a Radio station! Neat! I would really like to visit there someday, thanks for sharing about it.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hey you. Thanks for your words over on my blog yesterday - it's always encouraging to know that every once in a while my stuff touches somebody.

Your card is so pretty. I LOVE those pins, they are perfect for this card. Glad you were able to play along at the PDCC this week. :)

Christina said...

Oh how beautiful, Amy! So soft and pretty in these colors, and the pins add the perfect little bit of color and bling. Love the top note die you added below the ribbon!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super beautiful card Amy! Love how you interpreted the colors...simple and elegant!!! Hugs ~S~

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Amy! I'm definitely going to give this sketch a try!!

Jen Carter said...

I loved this sketch from the moment I saw it and have it on my to-do list for this week!! I love the card lots!! So pretty!! The colors are some of my favorites too and you worked with them beautifully!! I love the pins and the banner border tucked in there!

Laurie said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the pins you used! And a gorgeous color combo! I got your message too late to call you back last night! I am home all day if you want to call when you have time!

Unknown said...

The pins match perfect! You did a great job using the colors and sketch together... looks effortless!

~Tammy~ said...

Amy, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I LURVVVEEE those pins! I mean hello!!! Fabulous color combination! I love your take on the sketch!

Dana said...

I'm so jealous that you spent time at the Civil Rights Museum. I've been wanting to take my kids for quite a while.
I love the subtle stamping on the kraft and that border die hanging down! Of course you knwo I love the pins too!

Mariana said...

Isn't wonderful when you had something for a while and all of the sudden you find the perfect placement for it! Those pins are the perfect finishing touch for a great card!!

Trees said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the stick pins they are lovely, and that bow is perfect! Will you teach me how to tie a perfect bow because I cant!

Sarah Anderson said...

I love how you've put this card together, especially the triangular shaped blue card below the ribbon, and those pins are lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

Fiona said...

Beautiful card Amy - love the way you brought your elements together :) Thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week!

Sonia said...

Love everything about it. The sutle colours, the elegance. And the pins in the bow is a very nice touch.

Michele Gross said...

Don't you just love it when you have something perfect in your stash? Those pins are perfect! and Gorgeous! Love your card, its a wonderful take on the colors and I'm so glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

Tracey said...

I think this card is FABULOUS!!!!! I spy so many pretty PTI elements!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the PLay Date Cafe :)

Lynn said...

Oh...this is beautiful and I mean beautiful...so many wonderful extra touches!

DF said...

So lovely! Makes me think I need to start using saddle-stitch ribbon in the lighter colours. :)

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Amy, you always make beautiful cards, and this one is no exception. You used the color palette from our challenge this week perfectly. THanks so much for playing at the PDCC!

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love those colors and the pins too!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Camilla said...

very pretty! the pins are a sweet touch

Stephanie said...

Amy........This is gorgeous!!!! Love that color combination and your pins! So, so amazing!

Kay D said...

I think "WOW", that's what I think! This is just superb! I love the colors, the layout, the embellishments- I really really love this one!

Ruby said...

Beautiful card! I love everything about it, but especially the border under the ribbon, so effective. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Eva said...

This is so pretty, the added touch of the pins with the beads is awesome! Such a perfect bow...one of these days the maser must teach me,lol.

Kim O'Connell said...

Fantastic combination of challenges! Those pins are PERFECT! Just beautiful, Amy!

Jill said...

How pretty, Amy! Really effective use of that banner die . . . now I'm thinking I need those, LOL! :-D

Monica K. said...

So lovely!! I love the aqua mist on kraft!

Related Posts with Thumbnails