Saturday, January 10, 2015

showCASe your style challenge #6


Clearly Whimsy Stamps has a fabulous new challenge blog called showCASe your style.  Have you checked it out yet?  You do NOT have to use Whimsy Stamps products to play along but if you do, the gift certificate will be more if you are the winner!

The challenge runs 2 weeks and this time it's all about COLOR!  
Turquoise, Lime, Black, White


I started by using some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass onto my top folding card base just around the edges (I did this mainly because I couldn't find cardstock in my stash to match the Distress Ink!).  I used the "Happy" die from Whimsy Stamps and diecut the word but left the word in the negative.  Why, you ask?  I used my blending tool to then apply Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks to my word (leaving it in the negative made applying the 2 colors of ink so easy!)  My diecut "Happy" word was layered with 2 more white layers and for the 3rd layer.....I diecut a BLACK "Happy" and offset it to the left just a bit to give a shadow effect.  

Amy - Happy Everything

Some balloons from Happy Everything (Whimsy Stamps) were stamped onto a trimmed white card that was layered with black cardstock.  I finished my sentiment with "birthday wishes" stamped onto a tiny handcut banner and adhered with foam adhesive.  Here's a close-up of the "Happy" diecut:


Amy - Happy Everything2





We'd love to see your card using the theme from showCASe your challenge!



{Happy birthday wishes}
Stamps:  Happy Everything, Sweet as Candy Sentiments (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  White, True Black (PTI)
Ink:  Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass (Distress Inks), Island, Limeade, Provincial Gray (Fresh Inks), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Happy (Whimsy Stamps)
Misc: Foam Adhesive

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Those layered dies are awesome! Love this card!

Patti J said...

This is perfect, Amy! Beautiful photo, beautiful card!

Jackie said...

That is such a lovely card. I love the soft colors and the black layer behind the die cut makes such a difference. I will have to remember that tip.

Bobby said...

I love how you blended the balloon colors into the sentiment, Amy. Lovely, soft card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Amy, I still need to get that happy die! Love those balloons too!

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! This card ROCKS!! I LOVE how you shaded that sentiment and the colors you used are so pretty together. Fabulous card!!

Lisa A. said...

LOVE this card, Amy!! Especially love your black layering on your die...must try that...looks soooo cool!!

Shelly said...

HELLO! Gorgeous!

Sheila H said...

The inking is awesome.

Kristie Larsen said...

Hey Amy! just stopping in to say Hello! I love this HAPPY die cut. Thanks for introducing me to yet another FABULOUS company to whom I will pass over my wallet ;)
Take care!

Kara said...

beautiful Amy!!

Diana said...

I love this card. The way you did the word die is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is just perfect in every way. The inking is so well done and I love the placement of the balloons and the colors.

Jen Carter said...

I've already told you this, but I think that this card is gorgeous! Love the colors and design!

Related Posts with Thumbnails