Friday, January 20, 2012

l.o.v.e. Market Street Style!

****If you are here for my Lil' Inker Designs post, please scroll down or click HERE.****

Hi everyone!  I have a sweet little Valentine to share with you today.  It's no secret that I am in LOVE with Market Street Stamps background stamps, right?  Well, here I've used the Hearts a Plenty background. 

I started with layering my strips of rainbow colored cardstock onto a white sheet of cardstock.  I didn't worry if my strips "hung over".  I then trimmed this whole panel down to size.  Next, I broke out my Versamark ink and inked up my stamp......applying TO the stamp.  I then took my rainbow panel and laid it over my stamp and rubbed firmly over the entire thing being careful not to move my paper.  Removing my panel, I instantly have a gorgeous patterned background and the makings of a great CAS card.  Adding in die cut letters to spell LOVE and a fun little arrow die cut rounded out my card.




My card was inspired by the latest Runway Inspired Challenge:  Christopher Kane Resort 2012.  I've been eyeing these challenges and I decided that I just needed to give it a try!  I was inspired of course by the rainbow colors but also I thought that my arrow shape and the hearts resembled the triangle the model is holding.




Well I've had a few days of fun creating this week and now it's back to work for a few!  Have a wonderful day and start to the weekend!!!  It's supposed to be beautiful here in Kansas this weekend! 
{l o v e}
Stamps:  Hearts a Plenty (Market Street Stamps)
Paper: SS White, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, Blueberry Sky, Plum Pudding (all PTI)
Ink:  Versamark
Dies:  Block Alphabet Die Collection (PTI), Of the Heart Dies (Lil' Inker Designs)
Misc:  Foam Tape

27 comments:

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous card!

Ted said...

Amy, you nailed this challenge! Colorful, fun card...great job! :)

Marisa said...

How fun is this :) Fabulous take on the insp. piece!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I LOVE this Amy - great job!

Lynn said...

Oh goodness...I LOVE this card Amy!

Sara Mac said...

What a wonderful, cheery card Amy! Love the strips of color. They look so perfectly put together and polished.

Deborah R said...

Love the rainbow colors. Very pretty and cheerful. Like how you used versamark for the heart stamp.

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my, I'm speechless! This is stunning, Amy.

Christina said...

Beautiful and fun! Your rainbow is super sweet.

Javablustamper said...

SUPER cute creation!! LOVE it! Have a GREAT day!



ENJOY LIFE~
Javablustamper/Jacquie!

Unknown said...

Amy, love the rainbow card and how you nailed it for this challenge.

Denisse said...

Amy , your card is super cute! i love the rainbow of colors!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the rainbow hearts! ;o)

Eva said...

super cool card Amy! Love the rainbow, so bright and cheery!

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh my, this is simply stunning!!! Perfection, really!!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Really great!

Renee said...

This is fabulous!!
Love those rainbow stripes...
and with that background stamp can I just say...
aaawwww!!
LOVE it!
I think it's awesome for the runway challenge...
but it's just awesome from the word "Go!"!

Brandi said...

Girl this is so cute! I just love all of the colors and your background stamping is fabulous!

Jen Carter said...

I really like how you created your rainbow! The background looks great with it and the letters and arrow are perfect!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just amazing. I love the hearts stamped on each color, and the white matting on the white card. I'm so glad you decided to play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Lindsay said...

Ahhh, so so fun Amy! I LOVE it!

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute card! I love the strips of paper, and how you lined it up perfectly! Amazing job!
-Sam

Kelly S. said...

This card just makes me happy, Amy! What a sweet design and I just love the LOVE part, hee!

Cassandra said...

I just LOVE this card!!! I have always loved all the colors of the rainbow...so I think this card is just great!

Cassandra
www.Ctimz3.blogspot.com

Marion said...

This is AWESOME Amy! Love the right colours!

Marion said...

*bright colours* ;-)

Cristina said...

This is a perfect, perfect card, Amy. The stripes, the stamping, the arrow to harken back to the triangle. Love everything about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails